Jun 13, 2008, 3:10 PM
Post #1 of 1
Hi guys! Well I am thinking of buying a new HDTV, primarily for gaming, and watching HD movies..The size range I'm considering is around 37" ~ 42", .. I cant afford anything bigger :P...
Buying a HDTV for gaming and movies. Need advice...
So basically I have a few questions for you guys...if you could just help me out here.... :)
1) Considering the fact that I will be using this HDTV for gaming, are there any 'special features' I should look out for in a HDTV ?? Features that can enhance my gaming experience ?
2) For the indicated size range (37" ~ 42") I am not sure if a Full HD 1080p is really recommendable or not...because many people claim that in this size range, it is hard to notice any difference between 1366x768 and 1920x1080 (although I personally think I probably will be able to notice the difference :P )..
3) In addition to the above question...If I get a Full HD 1080p LCD, it will most probably be a Philips one, because thats all I can afford...So is it better to go for a Philips 42" Full HD 1080p LCD, or a non-Full HD LCD, from a more respectable company such as Sony or Samsung ?
4) Is it better to get a slightly bigger LCD, with 'average' specifications, or a slightly smaller LCD, with somewhat 'better' specifications (contast ratio, etc..)?
5) I have seen some HDTV's being listed as 'Analogue' .. (specifically some Sony HDTVs) ?!? Why is this ? Aren't all HDTV's digital ?
I am very confused about all this, since this is my first shot at HDTVs.... If someone can help me out with the above issues, I will be very grateful ! ...Thanks people :) ..