Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Big Screen TV:
12v source inside Hitachi Projection?

my77stang
New User

Feb 7, 2010, 4:22 AM

Post #1 of 5 (2637 views)
Shortcut
12v source inside Hitachi Projection? Can't Post

I just picked up a Hitachi 53SDX20B off good ol' Craigslist and after $38.00 in convergence chips I've got her up and running like new. I realized how hot these things really get inside on certain heatsinks and would really like to install a few low speed 12v fans in select areas to keep this thing running a little cooler.

Does anyone have any idea where to tap off of? I spent a few minutes poking around with the multi-meter and couldn't find anything so far.

Also, I used STK392-120's to replace the factory STK392-110's because a local TV repair shop told me they should run cooler. I used Arctic Silver 5 thermal paste on both chips as well. That being said the heatsinks are hot enough after the TV is on for while that it burns my hand if I touch it. Is that normal?

Thanks!

techchris
Veteran

Feb 7, 2010, 1:34 PM

Post #2 of 5 (2633 views)
Shortcut
Re: [my77stang] 12v source inside Hitachi Projection? [In reply to] Can't Post

yes they run very hot, hence the poor failure rate.As long as you did not use chinese replacement parts you should be ok. All these STK chips should only be ordered from manufacturer of tv or reliable spares suppliers.

my77stang
New User

Feb 7, 2010, 2:13 PM

Post #3 of 5 (2632 views)
Shortcut
Re: [techchris] 12v source inside Hitachi Projection? [In reply to] Can't Post

I ordered mine from Acme in Orlando, FL. I was pointed there from the local TV repair guy I spoke with, and their ad's claim all their chips are factory sealed Sanyo's direct from Japan.

Any idea about a 12 volt source so I can hook up a fan in this thing?

jts1957
Veteran

Feb 7, 2010, 4:38 PM

Post #4 of 5 (2630 views)
Shortcut

Try DP08 cathode (11 volt) in power supply. Measure first to confirm.

-------------------------

(This post was edited by jts1957 on Feb 7, 2010, 4:38 PM)

dgdfgttttt
New User

Mar 17, 2010, 3:24 AM

Post #5 of 5 (2594 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
I just picked up a Hitachi 53SDX20B off good ol' Craigslist and after $38.00 in convergence chips I've got her up and running like new. I realized how hot these things really get inside on certain heatsinks and would really like to install a few low speed 12v fans in select areas to keep this thing running a little cooler.

Does anyone have any idea where to tap off of? I spent a few minutes poking around with the multi-meter and couldn't find anything so far.

Also, I used STK392-120's to replace the factory STK392-110's because a local TV repair shop told me they should run cooler. I used Arctic Silver 5 thermal paste on both chips as well. That being said the heatsinks are hot enough after the TV is on for while that it burns my hand if I touch it. Is that normal?

Thanks! waiting for the answer http://www.dvdmsn.com/...D-Box-Set-p-620.html
http://www.dvdmsn.com/...VD-Boxset-p-613.html

(This post was edited by dgdfgttttt on Mar 17, 2010, 3:37 AM)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)