Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Big Screen TV:
60in. phillips no pic/no sound...need help

totallyfedupX2
New User

Feb 16, 2007, 12:19 AM

Post #1 of 4 (2719 views)
Shortcut
60in. phillips no pic/no sound...need help Can't Post

i have a 3 yr. old 60 in. phillips...model 60pp9363...last night while watching tv...we heard a pop, screen went black, then the chirping started...chirping stops when u turn the power off...had tech come out today...he was 3.5 hrs lateCrazy...stayed for an hour...said he couldnt figure it out and charged $60.....does anyone have any idea what this problem could be...this tv cost me $2200 3 yrs ago...shouldnt these things last a bit longer??? any help would be greatly appreciated.

drmichaelesachs
New User

Feb 22, 2007, 10:04 PM

Post #2 of 4 (2691 views)
Shortcut
Re: [totallyfedupX2] 60in. phillips no pic/no sound...need help [In reply to] Can't Post

This same type problem happened to me with a 42 inch Phillips. I just took it to a tv/audio repair shop and they only charged me $125.00

Thanks,
Dr. Michael Evan Sachs

totallyfedupX2
New User

Feb 23, 2007, 4:19 AM

Post #3 of 4 (2689 views)
Shortcut
Re: [drmichaelesachs] 60in. phillips no pic/no sound...need help [In reply to] Can't Post

did they tell u what the actual problem with the tv was??? thanx for replyingWink

TV guy 1966
User

Mar 2, 2007, 3:33 AM

Post #4 of 4 (2666 views)
Shortcut
Re: [totallyfedupX2] 60in. phillips no pic/no sound...need help [In reply to] Can't Post

Well your lucky to get 3 yrs. The chirping your hearing is that there is a short on one of b+ voltage lines from the switch mode power supply. Many reasons for this that are common problems. Convergence output shorted,audio output shorted,sweep output shorted caused by a leaky highvoltage anode on one of the crt assys. Popping and arking shorting the sweep output,or defective high voltage transformer. The guy you had had no idea of what he was doing with that model of Phillips. Good Luck on finding someone who Knows what there doing.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)