Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Big Screen TV:
Adjusting and Cleaning the lamps/lights

mason storm
New User

Jan 3, 2005, 6:41 PM

Post #1 of 3 (2509 views)
Shortcut
Adjusting and Cleaning the lamps/lights Can't Post

i have an RCA 52" rear projection television circa 96. how do i clean the lens on the lamp, its very dusty.

also....the picture is currently very "high up" on the screen. do i adjust the lenses for this? and if so how.

mikemaiertv
Enthusiast

Feb 4, 2005, 9:54 PM

Post #2 of 3 (2430 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mason storm] Adjusting and Cleaning the lamps/lights [In reply to] Can't Post

Remove the speaker grill , look for some 1/4" screws just below the screen remove them then lift the screen always spray the cloth then wipe the surface of the tubes, but what it sounds like is the mirror is no longer in the right spot this might be why the Pix nolonger hits the screen right , this probley means you tryed to clen it by taking the back off ?
Mike Owens Owner Competition TV Spokane WA.

mason storm
New User

Feb 7, 2005, 11:24 PM

Post #3 of 3 (2415 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mikemaiertv] Adjusting and Cleaning the lamps/lights [In reply to] Can't Post

I've actually never tried adjusting it...but that sounds right. the screen is tilted just a smidge...and its pissing me off when i watch things where the ticker at the bottom of the screen is angled. hahaha...

so i take off the actual screen off the front and do this? and from there i can adjust this mirror somehow?

i'm a rookie at this, my dad gave me this tv and i'm trying to get it up to my standards. i think he was watching it with his head turned or something.

as for cleaning the lens, would i use water, windex or something else?

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)