Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Big Screen TV:
Apex GB43HD10

Chaseskip
New User

Aug 30, 2005, 3:08 PM

Post #1 of 10 (7972 views)
Shortcut
Apex GB43HD10 Can't Post

I am trying to set the convergence on an Apex GB43HD10 TV without the remote. Is there a manual way to do this?

If not, since the original remote is no longer available & all substitute remotes do not have the required buttons to save & exit the convergence screen, I was wondering if anyone had a remote I could clone to my learning remote..... :) :)

I know it's a long shot, but I have nothing to loose as I have tried any & all remotes I could find.

(This post was edited by Chaseskip on Aug 30, 2005, 3:10 PM)

denonjapan
Veteran

Sep 2, 2005, 6:33 AM

Post #2 of 10 (7948 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chaseskip] Apex GB43HD10 [In reply to] Can't Post

"If the SITUATION would have been reverse" I have that problem asking direct to you.

ONLY YOU CAN ANSWER THAT!

GOODLUCK!

TANK1
Enthusiast

Sep 2, 2005, 11:03 PM

Post #3 of 10 (7943 views)
Shortcut
Re: [denonjapan] Apex GB43HD10 [In reply to] Can't Post

You might have some luck over at this forum

http://www.remotecentral.com/...in/mboard/forums.cgi

guitarrarl
New User

Dec 9, 2005, 7:13 PM

Post #4 of 10 (7776 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TANK1] Apex GB43HD10 [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi friends: I have repaired a couple of TVs. I would like to know what would be the safest method for desconnecting high volatage connectors from coils etc in a TV? Would it be safe just to use a glove to pull the cable or would it be bestto use an extension stick or plastic to handle the cable? Would it be ok to discharge the cable to the TV ground?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.
Raymond

PS I have an APEX Projection screen TV and the image shows in a bow shaped form. All three colors do show on the screen..any ideas on this problem?

lewf
New User

Dec 12, 2005, 10:17 PM

Post #5 of 10 (7751 views)
Shortcut
Re: [guitarrarl] Apex GB43HD10 [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello. I also have the Apex GB43HD10 TV and it recently began showing the bow shape. Were you able to find help on this? I unplugged the tv for two hours and tried again later. No good... Were you able to repair the problem?

Thanks, Lew

guitarrarl
New User

Dec 14, 2005, 4:59 PM

Post #6 of 10 (7743 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lewf] Apex GB43HD10 [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Hello. I also have the Apex GB43HD10 TV and it recently began showing the bow shape. Were you able to find help on this? I unplugged the tv for two hours and tried again later. No good... Were you able to repair the problem?

Thanks, Lew

Hi, yes exactly what my TV is showing. I will open it up this weekend and post here any improvements. Please if you fins a solution also post here.
Thanks! Raymond

guitarrarl
New User

Dec 16, 2005, 4:43 AM

Post #7 of 10 (7724 views)
Shortcut

I opened the TV today. I grounded to discharge the High Voltage coil (which did not show any charge) and removed the front panel. There are two screws on the lower front panel of the TV and the complete lower panel comes off. I tried adjusting focus and three color brightness but still the TV shows the image as a bow shape :(
Raymond

lewf
New User

Dec 16, 2005, 7:15 PM

Post #8 of 10 (7717 views)
Shortcut

Thanks for the update.... I may tinker some more this weekend. I would hate to take this monster to a repair shop. I have to say that I am disappointed with the APEX telephone support. The guy said unplug the set for an hour than plug in. His second and only bit of advice was to take the set to "any" tv repair shop. Lousy troubleshooting.... Anyway, I'll let you know if I find anything.

Lew

guitarrarl
New User

Dec 19, 2005, 7:21 AM

Post #9 of 10 (7705 views)
Shortcut

Hi I was told by an experienced tech that the convergency board has failed. I will look at it and try replacing some componets and see what I get. Raymond

In Reply To
Thanks for the update.... I may tinker some more this weekend. I would hate to take this monster to a repair shop. I have to say that I am disappointed with the APEX telephone support. The guy said unplug the set for an hour than plug in. His second and only bit of advice was to take the set to "any" tv repair shop. Lousy troubleshooting.... Anyway, I'll let you know if I find anything.

Lew

guitarrarl
New User

Dec 26, 2005, 8:23 PM

Post #10 of 10 (7681 views)
Shortcut

Hi friends:

I removed the main board of the Apex TV and checked all soldering points. I found a very dark coloration on the board at the legs of resistors R571 and R571A. These are located to the left of the two STK 392-040 looking from the front of the board and front of TV. It really looks as these resistors overheated and in one of them the lead connection to one end of the resistor itself looks weak. I will replace these two as all the componenets around look fine. should I replace any transistor in this area? Would it be possible that these resistors if they are bad may be causing the bow shape blue image?

Thanks!
Raymond

In Reply To

Thanks, Lew

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)