Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Big Screen TV:
DLP vs LCD/LED

jvcowner
New User

Jan 28, 2010, 9:54 PM

Post #1 of 5 (14830 views)
Shortcut
DLP vs LCD/LED Can't Post

I am planning to buy a big screen tv but not able to make a decision on DLP/LCD. There is a Mitsubishi 73" dlp at bestbuy for $2400 which will be perfect for my room but at the same time I don't want to buy old technology so I was thinking to buy a LCD or LED but the price for LCD/LED is way beyond for over 65" tvs but I could go for less then 60 inch led/lcd for about the same price as dlp. therefore, the question is size vs quality ?

denonjapan
Veteran

Jan 29, 2010, 5:36 AM

Post #2 of 5 (14821 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jvcowner] DLP vs LCD/LED [In reply to] Can't Post

what do u want us to do?.....size vs quality there is a flaw to your purchasing plan...know what? get something you don't want and then return, i bet the right answer to your question is one thing nobody ever mentioned. Serious!

denonjapan
made in japan

sambackster
New User

Feb 5, 2010, 11:22 AM

Post #3 of 5 (14788 views)
Shortcut

I think LCD/LED is very good for you, in comparison to other.if you go with quality then its good for you, if you purchase 65" then its OK.
Felicity Seasons 1-4 DVD Box Set

thetechmagnet
New User

Nov 23, 2010, 9:30 AM

Post #4 of 5 (14634 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sambackster] DLP vs LCD/LED [In reply to] Can't Post

I have a 56" Samsung DLP TV, and its been good for me, other than a bright spot in the middle, if the screen is dark, and one of the corners is light up (say a video of a dark room with a window off to one of the sides of the screen) there's a small area in the middle of the screen that lights up, almost an internal reflection or something. I read it was because they didn't coat the light tunnel or whichever you'd like to call it, with a proper non-reflective material. It could be fixed by replacing something inside, and newer revisions of it didn't have the problem, but since I'd have to have mine sent off, I just never bothered. Too much of a hassle, and didn't want to have to be without the TV for 3 - 4 weeks. Just got used to it, and it doesn't bother me as much anymore.
electronic gadgets
future technology

oppo bdp-80

JohnRocks
User

Jan 18, 2011, 12:34 PM

Post #5 of 5 (14559 views)
Shortcut

I must first point out that I compared the units in the sizes where they perform best, i.e., 50" for DLP TVs and 22" for LCD TVs. Today, DLP displays can be purchased in sizes ranging from 43" to 65" on the diagonal. LCD monitors run a bit smaller, from about 13 to 40 inches. I viewed the units in standard modes, that is, with all picture enhancements modes turned off. I found the edge enhancement mode on some DLPs to be very distracting, causing noise and jaggies rather than enhancing the image.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Rackmount LCD Monitor
USB KVM

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)