Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Big Screen TV:
Game Info Issue

JamesJoey
New User

Sep 11, 2011, 11:26 AM

Post #1 of 4 (3321 views)
Shortcut
Game Info Issue Can't Post

I was wondering about an anomaly that occurred on my 46" wide screen tv. I've made some phone calls but I'd like another opinion.
This will take some explaining. Persons who watch sports are aware of the game info (score, quarter or inning and the like) that resides on different parts of the screen depending on the station broadcasting the game. Some networks (not sure if that is the correct term) will have a strip at the top or bottom while other like FOX will have a display in the upper left corner. Anyway, while watching football last year on FOX network, the game info was way off the left side of the screen. In fact I was only able to see a about third of it. I couldn't see the score of the team that was on the left because the info was off the screen.
Yesterday I was watching a baseball game on FOX. The game info was fine. Late in the game I started watching some thing else. When I switched back to the game, which had gone to extra innings, the game info had shifted way off the screen an appeared to have gotten loarger. Don't know why in the middle of a game it would do this.
I've made couple inquires. Directv claims it has to do with my local station others claim it's the way Directv transmits the signal.
I'm sure it has nothing to do with any settings on my tv.
What I'm trying to figure is who to call incase this anomaly becomes persistent. Should I be calling Directv, FOX or my local station??

Thanks,
James

Ron.M
Veteran

Sep 11, 2011, 7:11 PM

Post #2 of 4 (3315 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JamesJoey] Game Info Issue [In reply to] Can't Post

JamesJoey;.....

I've seen what you describe.....
Usually that happens on HD broadcasts or channels...
You can try changing the pix mode from 4:3 to 16:9 display IF your TV has that ability & see if that helps....
IF not , grab a beer , sit back , relax & enjoy the game....
Learn to tolerate the BS some stations & networks do....
Calling Directv, FOX or your local station will not accomplish anything as this originates from the site of the game being televised...
Scoring & other graphics for football , baseball , hockey , soccer etc , are set AT the site of those games...
You can try calling their "control booth" techs AT the game & rag on them as they are the ones who set the locations for the graphics being televised....
Why they chose to mess with the graphics after your game went into extra innings can only be explained by saying those guys had extra beers...
In short , there's no cure from your end to this problem....

(There is also a possibility that your TV pix is too wide & needs work or a technical adjustment....
My bet is on the "control booth" techs , tho..)....

GOOD LUCK....Sly....

Later...Ron.M....Cool....
Veteran & Retired TV technician

JamesJoey
New User

Sep 11, 2011, 7:29 PM

Post #3 of 4 (3312 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ron.M] Game Info Issue [In reply to] Can't Post

It's very annoying. I'll just keep harping to someone. It's ok today.. for now.

Thanks,
james

kontrolluz
New User

Nov 8, 2011, 9:07 AM

Post #4 of 4 (2913 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JamesJoey] Game Info Issue [In reply to] Can't Post

I couldn't see the score of the team that was on the left because the info was off the screen.
Yesterday I was watching a baseball game on FOX. The game info was fine. Late in the game I started watching some thing else. When I switched back to the game, which had gone to extra innings, the game info had shifted way off the screen an appeared to have gotten loarger. Don't know why in the middle of a game it would do this.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)