Free Games TV Forums

Main Index FORUM
HOME
Search Posts SEARCH
IN
Rules & FAQ RULES
F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Big Screen TV:
HELP!! Pioneer TV only works with other inputs, not cable! what now?

Jeepnaround
New User

May 25, 2005, 7:27 PM

Post #1 of 4 (1717 views)
Shortcut
HELP!! Pioneer TV only works with other inputs, not cable! what now? Can't Post

Ok, here's the problem... My older Pioneer projection 52" tv had been acting up for about 2 weeks now...

Basically the DVD works great (and right away) so does all the other input "plugins" but when I just try and watch TV (cable) there is no picture. After an hour there might be spuratic flashes of the show but that's it! (Maybe 1 second every 15 minutes)

Frown

The picture and sound works perfectly in any other input things, just the cable. I have checked using another tv. it's not the cable.

Any ideas? What might I be looking at? How much do you think it would cost?

Thanks!

Heather

TANK1
Enthusiast

May 25, 2005, 9:26 PM

Post #2 of 4 (1713 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jeepnaround] HELP!! Pioneer TV only works with other inputs, not cable! what now? [In reply to] Can't Post

If you mean basic cable thru a F connector,why not just upgrade to digital cable or sat.

The cable or sat box should work since the dvd player works.

The sat or cable box could connected into the plugins that work.

Jeepnaround
New User

May 25, 2005, 11:27 PM

Post #3 of 4 (1712 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TANK1] HELP!! Pioneer TV only works with other inputs, not cable! what now? [In reply to] Can't Post

I wish we could get another dish type service but we're WAY out in the boonies and the cable works fine on any other TV....

I think it might have something to do with the tuner but I have NO clue what's involved!

Thank you SOOOO much! Any other ideas?

Heather

Hect7369
User

May 28, 2005, 3:24 AM

Post #4 of 4 (1707 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jeepnaround] HELP!! Pioneer TV only works with other inputs, not cable! what now? [In reply to] Can't Post

SmileIt sounds like a Tuner problem,check for intermittent solder connection in the varactor tuner if it's ok,look for right voltages in tuner/micro( repairman's work).

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)