Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Big Screen TV:
Help: Dark corners in projection screen after reassembly

s1111
New User

Mar 31, 2007, 5:36 AM

Post #1 of 4 (2349 views)
Shortcut
Help: Dark corners in projection screen after reassembly Can't Post

I have a Toshiba 51HC85 rear projection monitor.
Recently I had a water spill which entered the screens, causing black spots with no picture in the lower area of the screen.
Since, I do not have warranty and didnt want the problem to escalate, I carefully cleaned up the fresnel, lenticular and glass of all water and replaed the screen. The Black spots were gone.
However, and here is my question, now the picture is darker in all of the four corners/actually sides left and right and I can clearly tell this by just outputting a blue screen/blank from the source.
I could not figure out why this happened.
Could someone please advice on what to do. I will be highly grateful.
Thank you.

Regards

techchris
Veteran

Mar 31, 2007, 9:08 AM

Post #2 of 4 (2345 views)
Shortcut
Re: [s1111] Help: Dark corners in projection screen after reassembly [In reply to] Can't Post

its happened because you put the screens back to front.look for a small label on each screen.the labels go together usually in the bottom corner either facing each other or away from each other (cant remember which).One is a lenticular screen and the other a fresnel screen

s1111
New User

Mar 31, 2007, 9:11 AM

Post #3 of 4 (2344 views)
Shortcut
Re: [techchris] Help: Dark corners in projection screen after reassembly [In reply to] Can't Post

I think that's it. Thanks. I will check it out tomorrow.
And I just checked the service manual I downloaded yesterday. In the picture it shows the stickers facing away from each other. Can't wait to try this out.
and let you know. Thanks again.

(This post was edited by s1111 on Mar 31, 2007, 9:22 AM)

s1111
New User

Apr 9, 2007, 7:46 AM

Post #4 of 4 (2331 views)
Shortcut
Re: [s1111] Help: Dark corners in projection screen after reassembly [In reply to] Can't Post

This was correct. the picture is now fixed.
Thanks.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)