Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Big Screen TV:
Help: RCA P46924 46" Big Screen Convergence

app37le
New User

Feb 8, 2005, 4:22 PM

Post #1 of 4 (4461 views)
Shortcut
Help: RCA P46924 46" Big Screen Convergence Can't Post

I have a RCA P46924, 46" rear projection TV. It's in need of convergence "fine tune". Using the remote just doesn't cut it. Wonder if anyone has done it and can give me some hints. I do have "grid" convergence and "color bars" patterns. The Pioneer unit I had has the adjustment "pots" behind the front panel but I couldn't find such on the RCA. Before I open the back cover, thought I might ask for advice first. TIA.

mastahscott
New User

Feb 15, 2005, 7:09 AM

Post #2 of 4 (4444 views)
Shortcut
Re: [app37le] Help: RCA P46924 46" Big Screen Convergence [In reply to] Can't Post

I have this tv as well, I hope this will help you . First go to the menu and in I think where it says Screen , there is a thing to set up projection tv . go in there

there is some convergence settings in there.

It is not even close to that chassis that guy suggested . Now if you need to get serious, you can go to the controls on the front panel turn it on and hold the menu button down and hit the power button, then hit the channel up button This will bring up a thing on the screen with a p0 on the left and a v0 on the right. Now run the v0 setting up to 80, then you will be able to see some convergence you can play with with the volume and channel keys.

Take care

Scott

app37le
New User

Feb 15, 2005, 5:28 PM

Post #3 of 4 (4440 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mastahscott] Help: RCA P46924 46" Big Screen Convergence [In reply to] Can't Post

Thx for the info. I'll check it out and let you know if it works.

app37le
New User

Feb 22, 2005, 5:48 PM

Post #4 of 4 (4412 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mastahscott] Help: RCA P46924 46" Big Screen Convergence [In reply to] Can't Post

Scott,

I've been able to adjust the convergence on the TV thanks to your instruction. Please see my posting on TV-repair forum for a more details description of the procedure.

Do you know what the other numbers (other than 80) on v0 are for?

T

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)