Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Big Screen TV:
Hitachi Ultravision 50UX22BA...picture goes off

casey4062
New User

Oct 4, 2006, 11:03 PM

Post #1 of 4 (5730 views)
Shortcut
Hitachi Ultravision 50UX22BA...picture goes off Can't Post

I have a Hitachi Ultravision 50UX22BA Projection TV that I have had for about 11 years. When I turn the TV on...the picture and sound is working properly, then maybe after a few seconds or maybe even a few minutes the picture and sound goes off while the red on-light button stays on. I can slap the side of the TV(I know not a good thing to do, but my son did it one day out of frustration and it came right back on and worked fine the rest of the evening). About 3 years ago I had the same problem with it and I had it taken in for repair and came back fixed with a bill of $450, saying it was the high/low end of power supply...or something like that. Well it is doing the same thing again, and is taking more hits to the side of the TV as the days go bye. Now why is it that the side of the TV can be hit and it is jarring the TV into working properly. Is there something loose that just comes loose after a while or is it this high/low power supply again just going bad again? And if it is going bad again then why can it be hit and then work properly all night long? Also it is getting to the point now that when I turn the TV on I can hear it click when I click the on-button, but sometimes the red light does not come on like it is on. Any comments, repair solutions, or knowledge appreciated.

denonjapan
Veteran

Oct 7, 2006, 3:48 PM

Post #2 of 4 (5719 views)
Shortcut
Re: [casey4062] Hitachi Ultravision 50UX22BA...picture goes off [In reply to] Can't Post

That's correct! like us. your tv develop cancer for eleven years and it became malignant as you tap the side of...You will discover the sysmtoms by checking all capacitors just by touching it. if you have a soldering iron, I suggest you do it yourself. Check all leading to power supply, video boards, wirings. with your quote> "Is there something loose that just comes loose after a while or is it this high/low power supply again just going bad again? And if it is going bad again then why can it be hit and then work properly all night long? < > yes! that's possible, although you are looking at it all parts intact? the loose area just doesn't hit in full effect while you turn the tv on. The only way >is to create a spark! and by hitting isn't approriate method although it may work to your advantage for while but you don't wanna damaged others to loose by hitting all the time. do you?

denonjapan
made in japan

(This post was edited by denonjapan on Oct 7, 2006, 3:57 PM)

tfk
New User

Dec 13, 2006, 6:05 PM

Post #3 of 4 (5632 views)
Shortcut
Re: [casey4062] Hitachi Ultravision 50UX22BA...picture goes off [In reply to] Can't Post

Casey,

Check out my reply under http://www.tv-forums.com/cgi-bin/gforum.cgi?post=27173;search_string=50ux22ba;#27173

good luck,

tk

Larry E
User

Dec 25, 2006, 1:39 AM

Post #4 of 4 (5611 views)
Shortcut

You have a bunch of broken solder connections, very normal for an 11 year old tv, pull the boards and go over the bottom of them with a good light, good magnifier and re-solder them and you`ll be good to go, pay particular attention to the horizontal output section, main grounds, and low voltage power supply.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)