Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Big Screen TV:
Hitachi model 50FX48B

konkey
New User

Jun 4, 2005, 3:02 AM

Post #1 of 4 (5076 views)
Shortcut
Hitachi model 50FX48B Can't Post

PLease help if you can. I would very much apprciate anyones advice on this subject. I have a model 50fx48b Hitachi tv made in 1998. We were watching it and the sound and picture just shutoff but the power and power light remained on. It turns on and makes the normal sound it always did from day one, but there's no sound or picture. The board model number is AP62P. THANKS IN ADVANCE for your help. Ron

Unlucky320
New User

Jul 14, 2005, 1:38 PM

Post #2 of 4 (5012 views)
Shortcut
Re: [konkey] Hitachi model 50FX48B [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
PLease help if you can. I would very much apprciate anyones advice on this subject. I have a model 50fx48b Hitachi tv made in 1998. We were watching it and the sound and picture just shutoff but the power and power light remained on. It turns on and makes the normal sound it always did from day one, but there's no sound or picture. The board model number is AP62P. THANKS IN ADVANCE for your help. Ron

I have the same problem. I have a Hitachi 50FX30B. You hear a click when you plug it in. But no picture and no sound, no led lit on front of TV. I also took off the back and found that a red LED was lit when I powered the TV on. I downloaded a service manual and it said to look for the sequence of how the green LEDs come on and go off, but mine doesn't come on at all. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Adamysu
New User

Aug 17, 2005, 2:44 AM

Post #3 of 4 (4924 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Unlucky320] Hitachi model 50FX48B [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm having the same problem on my Hitachi model 53sdx01b. The led lights up in front, and I hear a clicking noise in the back but no pic or sound, I do have some led's in the back that are green and red that light up when it is on. I dont have a service manual though so I dont know what they mean. If either of you figure it out I would appreciate it of you let me know..

thanks

-Adam- Adamysu@gmail.com

Unlucky320
New User

Aug 18, 2005, 2:01 AM

Post #4 of 4 (4914 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Adamysu] Hitachi model 50FX48B [In reply to] Can't Post

Just wanted to let you know that we got the set working. Contacted Hitachi repairman and was told it was probably a cap or a regulator, replaced part # STRM-6511, the set came on and seems to be working fine. Thanks for all the help. Found service manual at http://www.eserviceinfo.com/repair_tips.php
if they don't have yours try one thats close to it and follow instructions. Thanks again for all the help.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)