Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Big Screen TV:
MITSUBIHI GREEN SCREEN TURNS OFF

RPANICO
New User

Dec 11, 2004, 10:10 PM

Post #1 of 3 (3197 views)
Shortcut
MITSUBIHI GREEN SCREEN TURNS OFF Can't Post

1992 MITS 36 INCH SCREEN (YES OLD BUT PART OF THE FAMILY) SCREEN TURNS GREEN WITH WHITE-LINES. YOU CAN'T SEE A PICTURE AND SHUTS OFF ALL BY ITSELF - THIS SET HAS A CRT/SVM BOARD AT REAR OF TUBE WITH TWO TEST SWITCHES ONE MARKED "G" GREEN ? ONE MARKED "B" BLUE. IF I SET THE SWITCH MARKED "G" TO OFF PICTURE CAN BE SEEN AND SET STOPS TURNING OFF (PROBLEM) PINK TO RED PICTURE. I AM NOT A ELEC EXPERT- DOES THIS SOUND LIKE A BAD CRT/SVM BOARD? ALL THOSE LITTLE PARTS ON THE BOARD LOOK LIKE THEY ARE MELTING AND BURNT? MODEL#CK3536R DON'T WANT TO BUY THAT 60" PLASMA JUST YET THANKS

minehunter
User

Dec 12, 2004, 5:33 AM

Post #2 of 3 (3184 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RPANICO] MITSUBIHI GREEN SCREEN TURNS OFF [In reply to] Can't Post

The SVM board is a scan velocity modulator. It speeds up the scan lines towards the bottom of the crt so that it is just as sharp a picture as the top where the scan lines begin.

By turning off the switch you are turning off the green drive of the CRT. The problem you describe appears to be a short green gun in the crt, It probably needs a new picture tube. I think it's probably time to say good by to the set and replace it. If i had it to there are several test that can be done to confirm it, but they are hard to explain.

RPANICO
New User

Dec 12, 2004, 2:43 PM

Post #3 of 3 (3180 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RPANICO] MITSUBIHI GREEN SCREEN TURNS OFF [In reply to] Can't Post

sounds like it time to let Santa get involved - Thanks for the advice - off to the Plasma Store

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)