Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Big Screen TV:
Mitsubishi CS35701 PIP bypass help needed

kakal123456
New User

Apr 30, 2005, 9:02 PM

Post #1 of 3 (3436 views)
Shortcut
Mitsubishi CS35701 PIP bypass help needed Can't Post

I got a misubishi tv 36" cs-35701 that seems to have the problems described by others. non-stop vhold scroll, and picture disappears randomly. I would like to try either bypass the PIP or replace the caps. Anybody have any detail information or schematics? I know some basic electronics and soldering but definitely know nothing about repairing tv. I couldn't tell which daughterboard is the PIP board. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

mikemaiertv
Enthusiast

May 3, 2005, 8:27 PM

Post #2 of 3 (3408 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kakal123456] Mitsubishi CS35701 PIP bypass help needed [In reply to] Can't Post

well try this
Mike Owens Owner Competition TV Spokane WA.
Attachments: 1 mits.gif (16.9 KB)
  2 mits.jpg (18.1 KB)

rocketboy93a
New User

May 4, 2005, 3:10 PM

Post #3 of 3 (3405 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mikemaiertv] Mitsubishi CS35701 PIP bypass help needed [In reply to] Can't Post

I recently found this forum and am having a similar problem (frequent vertical hold problem with some horizontal "smearing" when stable) to the one described above, but it is on a mitsubishi vs-50va2 purchased ~1/93.

The PIP is not working and I would like to bypass (or repair) the PIP as described in your attached JPEG and GIF. My first inclination is to bypass the PIP, since it is much simpler and I rarely used it anyway.

QUESTION: is the VP plug jumper approach using capacitors as specified in the JPEG applicable to this model?
QUESTION: If not, is there an alternate way to bypass the PIP for this model?

I saw some posts indicating that the PIP was on the main board for some projection TVs, not on a removable plugin board. Your JPEG diagram is the MOST useful thing I've seen to date (indicating the values and polarities of both capacitors), but it seems to conflict with the text I've found in several other posts which indicate the pins #7 & 9 capacitor should be 0.01 (no units or polarity indicated) vs. 4.7uF with polarity shown per your diagram.

QUESTION: Is there any control of the vertical hold via the service menus and if so, what are the code(s) for this model?

I have also seen a reference to the MCM PIP repair kit 930b552 (MCM part # 32-11755) for the repair.

QUESTION: Is this repair kit applicable to this particular model.

I first blew out ALL the accumulated dust in the chassis using compressed air to see if that might be overheating a component. I also gently dusted (dry paper towel) the lenses (VERY dusty prior to the compressed air treatment), which greatly improved the overall picture brightness.

Question: Do you have any recommendations or cautions regarding cleaning the lenses, mirror, or projection screen?

If you read this far, I greatly appreciate you sharing your time and expertise and I apologize for the length of this post.
Thanks,
David

In Reply To

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)