Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Big Screen TV:
Mitsubishi VS-4507r lines

doc4pcs
New User

Jul 26, 2007, 8:47 PM

Post #1 of 5 (2787 views)
Shortcut
Mitsubishi VS-4507r lines Can't Post

Hi all, I am new to tv's so bear with me. I am a computer tech, have worked on monitors but this is definitly different. I picked up an older Mitsubishi VS-4507r last night that has problems (cheap). It has verticle lines on it and no sound. I attached 2 pictures of a dvd playing (or attempting to). The first picture is what it looks like when it is just turned on (cool). When it warms up it looks like the 2nd picture.
Being new to this can someone point me in the right direction and let me know what to look for?

Attachments: 1.jpg (80.9 KB)
  2.jpg (92.4 KB)

doc4pcs
New User

Aug 3, 2007, 5:15 PM

Post #2 of 5 (2764 views)
Shortcut
Re: [doc4pcs] Mitsubishi VS-4507r lines [In reply to] Can't Post

Guess no help here. Will try somewhere else.

mikemaiertv
Enthusiast

Aug 3, 2007, 7:48 PM

Post #3 of 5 (2761 views)
Shortcut

I show this set as 16 years old, from that we know there will be a bazzzilon capacitors dry out and weak. these will cause poor solder conections and destroy other componets. And if you do manage to find them all the new corect voltage will kill these stressed out componets in a short time. Any good tv shop will not even check your set in because of this, All we wind up doing is wasting huge amounts of cash and time to have a old bad looking set that will die in 6 months. Your best bet would to save any money on repairs and go shopping
Mike Owens Owner Competition TV Spokane WA.

doc4pcs
New User

Aug 6, 2007, 11:08 AM

Post #4 of 5 (2756 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mikemaiertv] Mitsubishi VS-4507r lines [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks, kind of what I figured. When I went to look at it (bought it off of craigslist) and saw the lines my first instinct was "no". Then the guy looked at me and said $20 and we will load it. He was asking $75 to start. So I figured I would take a chance that maybe it was a blown capacitor or something. There are a ton of them and I didn't see any blown from just looking.

onetech
User

Aug 6, 2007, 3:49 PM

Post #5 of 5 (2754 views)
Shortcut

Before you junk the set replace cap C2B1 (100uf 16v) off of pin 2 of IC202.
This is the most common cause of "jail bars" in the picture.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)