Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Big Screen TV:
Mitsubishi VS-7071 no power at all hit by lightning

Jfo
New User

May 29, 2005, 3:41 AM

Post #1 of 4 (4267 views)
Shortcut
Mitsubishi VS-7071 no power at all hit by lightning Can't Post

Ok Im about to get this TV but it was hit by lightning and has no power at all....now Ive been told that the problem is fairly easy to fix by soldering these 2 new capicitors onto one of the PIP cards this tv has...now I dont know alot about all this stuff but I understand this tv has like 3 of these PIP cards so how will I know which one needs to be worked on and does this solution make sense to any of you guys who know about this stuff...I wont have the TV for another week but Im already looking at what I need to do for repairs

thanks

Jfo
New User

Jun 2, 2005, 4:50 AM

Post #2 of 4 (4251 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jfo] Mitsubishi VS-7071 no power at all hit by lightning [In reply to] Can't Post

I have just found out that this tv does click when you hit the power button so could it possibly just be a fuse?

skijoe
New User

Mar 2, 2007, 6:30 PM

Post #3 of 4 (3779 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jfo] Mitsubishi VS-7071 no power at all hit by lightning [In reply to] Can't Post

My T.V. is doing the same thing and was told it had a bad power supply.

mikemaiertv
Enthusiast

Mar 4, 2007, 10:07 PM

Post #4 of 4 (3768 views)
Shortcut

Sound like to me you are about to carve into this guy, preform open heart surgery and never been to medical school.
With the set clicking it could be one of several reason,from a weak capacitor in the power supply, shorted H.O.T., open flybact or convergance Ic,s, And if the set was hit by lightning even a factory trained and certified tech would have bitch of a time to get this set to stay running for any leghth of time, A 13 year old lightnig hit Mits is not what you want to start your tv carear on.
Mike Owens Owner Competition TV Spokane WA.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)