Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Big Screen TV:
RCA D52W19YX1 Convergence problems

rackspeednet
New User

Nov 15, 2005, 5:58 AM

Post #1 of 5 (3390 views)
Shortcut
RCA D52W19YX1 Convergence problems Can't Post

Hey all I have had this set since June and it has been moved twice Florida to Maine now Maine to Massachusettes. The convergence is out in the top left and bottom right. Mainly red but you dont see it as bad in regular tv but in HD i see it alot.

Tv is in warranty. TV shop sent someone today (called them a week ago and told them the problem) he walked in said "yup your right convergance is out. I will have to get the RCA procedure and come back. We are running a week out" jeez!! I told them the convergence was out!!! Anyway I was a Tech for Circuit City back in 98 & 99

Does anyone have the convergence procedure for this set. I was told it has its own pattern generator built in the tech said he would leave a copy with me when he comes back in a week. I dont want to wait I think they should have sent the tech prepared. I know when I worked for CC I knew what sets I was going to work on

remote@rackspeed.net Ill give the first person that has it Free webhosting for a year!!

Eric Rackspeed.Net

mikemaiertv
Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2005, 10:24 PM

Post #2 of 5 (3369 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rackspeednet] RCA D52W19YX1 Convergence problems [In reply to] Can't Post

Sent it as a attachment to your e-mail
Mike Owens Owner Competition TV Spokane WA.

dwilliams309
New User

Jan 21, 2006, 4:07 PM

Post #3 of 5 (3287 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mikemaiertv] RCA D52W19YX1 Convergence problems [In reply to] Can't Post

We are having a convergance problem after changing out the coolant in all three CRT's. I read posts to focus the CRT's once we were finished but we don't know how or what this entails. We ran the convergance program on the tv, it gives an option to adjust a white cross and move the red and blue fringe into the white cross, however there is a green line or fringe as they call it and there is no option to move it in the menu. I posted pics and info in the changing coolant section of the Rear Projection TV forum. We have a magnavox. Can you send me anything to go by to adjust the TV or is this something we have to call a technician for? dwilliams309@comcast.net We have a much better picture since we changed the coolant ourselves, just need to tweek the focus or convergance issues we are having. When words show on the screen we see several colors or ghosts of the letters in red and green. Pirate

Thanks!

Dana

saujad
New User

Jan 12, 2007, 11:23 PM

Post #4 of 5 (2883 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dwilliams309] RCA D52W19YX1 Convergence problems [In reply to] Can't Post

I had the same problem.
You can go to a special convergence menu on the magnavox
projection.
on the remote hit channel buttons 062597 then menu.
Up comes the convergence menu. The manual
says do not adjust green. Adjust all colors to green. (But my green was way off too)
062596 menu has adjustment to the registers. I would
have to email you the register if you need to adjust
those.
kathy

EverydayDiesel
New User

Nov 2, 2007, 6:03 AM

Post #5 of 5 (2661 views)
Shortcut
Re: [saujad] RCA D52W19YX1 Convergence problems [In reply to] Can't Post

im having the same problem red and blue in the top left, everwhere else seems to be ok.

my tv is a JVC. can someone emal me the adjustments that I need to make please twinturboz06 @ hotmail.com

it is much appreciated

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.16 s on (CGI/1.1)