Free Games TV Forums

Main Index FORUM
HOME
Search Posts SEARCH
IN
Rules & FAQ RULES
F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Big Screen TV:
RCA P52732 Blue focus? / convergence?/ Video problem? Help!

cnctony
New User

Dec 18, 2006, 1:55 AM

Post #1 of 2 (2336 views)
Shortcut
RCA P52732 Blue focus? / convergence?/ Video problem? Help! Can't Post

Not sure where to start looking but here's my problem.
RCAP52731WK CTC169PGB chassis. I have fixed many of these chassis before but I cheated and swapped known good modules to get me closer to problem and not sure where to start on this one.
Problem is with blue gun. When I first received tried to do convergence but the Blue was so out of focus I could not even see the blue arrows. Checked focus block and tweeked lense no good. Focus did improve, but still no good,when I adjusted focus on block. I rejuvinated all three guns and the picture looks great but still out of focus.
Ordered new focus block as orig was cracked. Thought this would fix. Put it in and after adjusting screen and focus it worked but the blue screen starts oh how to explain...... getting bigger and out of focus. The blue picture flickers larger and back to size. There is always a blue halo and also bunch of fine horiz lines going up and down dependant on the intensitiy of the blue picture. Sometines the lines solw down and almost stop but go right back when the screen changes.( watching dish) There is no foldover it just looks like noise and perhaps a bad cap but where to start with my scope. I dont have schematics and that might make it easier but was hoping for some help. Can take video and upload if that will help. Any ideas?
Thanks
Anthony

Larry E
User

Dec 25, 2006, 1:33 AM

Post #2 of 2 (2316 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cnctony] RCA P52732 Blue focus? / convergence?/ Video problem? Help! [In reply to] Can't Post

Anthony, sounds like a pain, might try swapping crt boards, or try swapping leads in the splitter, I would think the problem is high voltage versus a low voltage so probably splitter problem. As I said, try swapping the blue anode in the splitter with the red, if problem moves to red you`ve got a bad splitter of course, you can do the same with the crt boards, might have a bad socket, good luck, Larry E

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)