Free Games TV Forums

Main Index FORUM
HOME
Search Posts SEARCH
IN
Rules & FAQ RULES
F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Big Screen TV:
RCA P52813BL Big Screen TOO GREEN & Bowed?

miketrnt3
New User

Aug 6, 2006, 12:25 AM

Post #1 of 3 (2922 views)
Shortcut
RCA P52813BL Big Screen TOO GREEN & Bowed? Can't Post

my problem is, i bought this t.v. for 100.00. right now i have someone that is willing to repair for free (it is the weekend and will eb a few days), but i would liek to know if there is an easy way to fix the t.v. from showing TOO MUCH GREEN (ie. when it should be pure white). and also the screen bowd inward from the top, and a little from the bottom (expecially noticable when i click MENU[the menu box should be square=P]) any help for this would be AWESOME! thanks again guys!. <br> <br>p.s. I have already adjusted the R G B on the front panel (have to take out screws to get to). I've made it the best it can go, and still the picture shows greenish =( thanks again.! <br>EDIT: The Chassis Number Is PTK195AB thanks

(This post was edited by miketrnt3 on Aug 6, 2006, 12:38 AM)

hackman
New User

Aug 8, 2006, 11:50 PM

Post #2 of 3 (2905 views)
Shortcut
Re: [miketrnt3] RCA P52813BL Big Screen TOO GREEN & Bowed? [In reply to] Can't Post

Only Green, but pulling down from top and bottom (if its 'analog' it could be a pincushion circuit) if its digitial,it could be STK packs (I assume that it uses those for digital convergence).
A tailed Green tube could be either a Bad Tube (need a CRT Tester to verify Shorted G1 or similar), video transistor (shorted) could get you (rastered/bleed) video (tailed to one color) same tailed Green tube look.
I would try to Isolate the Green Tube Problem (Since if it was a tube that is going to be the most expensive)!
If you can get the schematic cheap go for it, and have CRT Tester and some time. I am sure you or your friend can figure it out.
As always, watch that Hi-Voltage!

J. (hackman)

docdave
New User

Aug 10, 2006, 7:31 AM

Post #3 of 3 (2902 views)
Shortcut
Re: [miketrnt3] RCA P52813BL Big Screen TOO GREEN & Bowed? [In reply to] Can't Post

first of all on ctc 195 and th entire picture is bowwed (bottom top ,sides the main culprit is the convergence power supply ) if your looking from the back on the right top of chassis is a small board about 2.5 inches high by oh about 4 inches long on it is a heat sink (big piece of metal) with a small black ic about 3 inches by 2 inches marked stk730-020 it is bad as for it being to green infront the speaker grill pops of might need some omf but it does pop off behind it there might be a small cardboard panel held on by quarter in screws that will rev small black plastic box with 6 holes or controls 3 on top and three on bottom marked focus and screens you want g screen turn it down with the color off to get black and white pic might half to turn other screen con to balance b&w pic hope this helps
doc

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)