Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Big Screen TV:
Teac 106 cm Plasma TV

anirl
New User

Dec 8, 2006, 2:45 AM

Post #1 of 3 (2860 views)
Shortcut
Teac 106 cm Plasma TV Can't Post

I bought the teac 106cm plasma tv for 2000 bucks last year. under the best possible usage, it didn't even last 1 year. screen went blank. i was promised in-house service (even teac's website says this) but then when it was needed i was asked to send the tv to brisbane at my own expenses. service people signed up receipt for the item but a week later there was no record of the item - that is until i provided signed delivery note. after repair, they sent item back but wouldn't provide con note # so item couldn't be traced for another almost 2 weeks. i think service is very important to the success of any company and teac sucks at it. try calling their service line - 1800 656 700. you'd be lucky if somebody answers (either support staff sleep at work or product is that lousy to make the repair staff so busy or teac can't afford to have a few more support staff). in my case, they'd hang up on me. funny thing is that they wouldn't give the phone number of the service centre in Brisbane where the tv is being repaired. would take name and number (did that around 10 times in my case) and say someone will call back but in three weeks this happened only once. I sent few emails but as expected - no reply. i tried complaining with the corporate office but the same kind of people work there. Receptionist wouldn’t let me talk to anyone. one screw-up is fine but screw-up after screw-up? i certainly will never own another teac product ever. anyone for my dodgy teac plasma tv? are there any more people out there who have had similar experiences with teac? i still want a plasma tv. what could be a good brand - that would last longer and service will be better? please help me get a good plasma. thanks

techchris
Veteran

Dec 8, 2006, 9:33 AM

Post #2 of 3 (2855 views)
Shortcut
Re: [anirl] Teac 106 cm Plasma TV [In reply to] Can't Post

welcome to the real world! If you think thats bad you should try Philips. Its the way things are I am sorry to say. Try Panasonic next time but dont expect anything to last long these days,it just does not happen.

kevin
New User

Dec 8, 2006, 5:37 PM

Post #3 of 3 (2849 views)
Shortcut
Re: [anirl] Teac 106 cm Plasma TV [In reply to] Can't Post

you could also add dell to the list

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)