Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Big Screen TV:
? Philips 46PP9302/17 Problem/or Data.

hackman
New User

Aug 8, 2006, 11:40 PM

Post #1 of 2 (2792 views)
Shortcut
? Philips 46PP9302/17 Problem/or Data. Can't Post

I just got done helping a friend, his convergence was out on his Philips 46PP9302/17, so using some component cooler, we isolated the problem to those darn STK's, well I purchased two 'NEW' from an electronics warehouse, desoldered the old ones, cleaned all heat sink compound off of the the heat sink, applied new heat sink compound, a thin coat, installed, and soldered them in place.
All was fine, he started to do convergence, all was working fine, and all of sudden it went it to thermal shutdown, I removed power, touched the STK heat sink, and it kinda hot, so I let it cool for about 10 minutes, took some component cooler, and apply a few sprays. Powered it up, he continued to converge, got it all done (while I was spraying short bursts of freeze). It was running fine, I stopped straying freeze, and within 2 minutes it went to shutdown again.
My questions are:
1) I looked through all of my SAMS, I can't seem to find one that deals with specific model, and is there a SAMS that’s close? If not, does anyone have the part number of the schematic of this unit?
2) I checked the resistances of all the surrounding resistors (flameproof) they all check out. Am I missing anything?
3) I have heard of a 'hidden' tech menu on this set, do I need to go in there and send the STK's Zero Balance?
I am at a stand still, I have worked with a lot of circuits, and I am scratching my head (without a schematic)
J. (hackman)

Larry E
User

Aug 11, 2006, 8:31 PM

Post #2 of 2 (2787 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hackman] ? Philips 46PP9302/17 Problem/or Data. [In reply to] Can't Post

J. did you check the + & - supplies to the stk`s? Did you purchase OEM Sanyo 392-120`s ?
did you pull one leg of the 6.8 Ohms resistors and check that they are exactly 6.8 Ohms?
Be sure to check carefully the solder and traces on the Horiz. drive transformer and joints in that area, I had one that would shift the convergence momentarily and then shut down the set, spent all day in the convergence area and turned out to be a poor joint on the transformer !
I don`t have the manual so I can`t help you there, Larry E

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)