Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Big Screen TV:
gen. big Screen question

wildcat71383
New User

Aug 1, 2005, 4:34 PM

Post #1 of 2 (1917 views)
Shortcut
gen. big Screen question Can't Post

hey guys/gals, I am new and I have a question for you. My friend is offering me a Sony 57" big screen TV for $500. It is about 1 year to a year and a half old and is slightly used. The problem is that after he won it in a golf tourney, its been stored in his garage for the past 7-8 months covered. The thing is, I live in Arizona, where as you know, it gets quite hot. Could there be heat damage to the TV? Is it worth even checking out? Could I hire someone to look at the TV to check if there has any damage to it? He wants to get rid of it because they already had a big screen and he doesnt have room for it

Also, if I was able to test it out for a week and it worked fine.....can I assume that everything is fine and no probs from the heat will arise in the future?

(This post was edited by wildcat71383 on Aug 1, 2005, 4:39 PM)

Larry E
User

Aug 10, 2005, 11:49 PM

Post #2 of 2 (1889 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wildcat71383] gen. big Screen question [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi, go ahead and buy it, heat from sitting in a garage, shed etc. is not going to damage it, They travel in the back of a tractor trailer or train to get from the distribution center to the stores, what`s the difference? I would be more concerned about the electrolytics drying out from the time it sat in storage but if you have run it several days and it plays with no problem then you have nothing to worry about, I service sets in Florida and many people leave here and move back up north for the entire summer with no problems when they return in the fall, Larry E

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)