Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Big Screen TV:
hitachi dead--please help!!

tjames72
New User

Jul 26, 2006, 9:10 PM

Post #1 of 3 (2370 views)
Shortcut
hitachi dead--please help!! Can't Post

hi guys--hope you can help me out.the set i have is about 4 yrs old and have had no problems.tv was on working fine in the am.came home turned the set on with the remote,red led light came on but no picture but it sounds like the speakers kicked on but no sound.i couldnt do anything with the remote.the only way i could turn the set off was to manually press the button on the unit.i had also found out the power had went out for 45 min but no storms.im an industrial mechanic and am handy with a multimeter and schematics (but i cant find one).and im a little uneasy at messing with it.i checked all fuses and checked out ok.looked the boards over and found nothing unusual.i let the unit sit overnite and tried again still nothing.i suspect the standby power supply is good because the set would power up with the remote but not sure.the set has a built in surge protector according to the user manual but i dont know what to look for.i hear the relays kick in also.im at your guys mercy to help me out.thanks for your time

sheldonstv
New User

Aug 24, 2006, 1:02 PM

Post #2 of 3 (2329 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tjames72] hitachi dead--please help!! [In reply to] Can't Post

SmileCOULD YOU GIVE THE MODEL NUMBER?????????
Attachments: hit.gif (20.8 KB)

tjames72
New User

Aug 25, 2006, 11:09 AM

Post #3 of 3 (2325 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sheldonstv] hitachi dead--please help!! [In reply to] Can't Post

57uwx20b

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)