Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Big Screen TV:
looking for suggestions on keeping the tv circuit board cool

need help
New User

May 23, 2006, 3:20 AM

Post #1 of 2 (1661 views)
Shortcut
looking for suggestions on keeping the tv circuit board cool Can't Post

Well I called a tech to look at the JVC 60 inch - and he said that the convergence issue I was having was caused by the High Def - that it was causing the circuitry to get too hott. So I am wondering if this is correct - also would you suggest adding a fan to help keep it cool? Will one behind the tv do the trick or should I look into actually putting one inside the tv set - any ideas on how to wire it up?

Larry E
User

May 23, 2006, 10:13 PM

Post #2 of 2 (1656 views)
Shortcut
Re: [need help] looking for suggestions on keeping the tv circuit board cool [In reply to] Can't Post

Either you mis-understood this tech or the tech is an idiot, "Hi-Def" is a terminology, the signal coming into your tv`s tuner will NOTcause your convergence circuit to run too hot, most convergence IC`s run fairly warm anyway, if he installed new IC`s and they are running too hot he probably used cheap generics made in china and they are notorious for early failure and running too hot, adding a fan to the inside of your set is not going to make the problem go away, it might delay it for awhile but that`s all, you didn`t give enough info to tell you what to do from here but a fan is not the answer, videotech

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)