brummy
New User

Apr 23, 2006, 5:44 AM

Post #1 of 4 (2204 views)
Shortcut
mitsubishi trouble Can't Post

Turned on my Big screen this morning and cant
use because it continuously scrolls thru all the inputs
but wont let me select one and wont stop scrolling.
Unplugged unit and also hit reset button but neither helped,Any ideas
Thanks Russ

dillboy
New User

Apr 23, 2006, 1:17 PM

Post #2 of 4 (2198 views)
Shortcut
Re: [brummy] mitsubishi trouble [In reply to] Can't Post

This is generally one of 2 things. Either a button on the remote or front panel is depressed(stuck). or the unit is in a demo mode possibly. if it is an older unit over 5 years or so odd problems like this can be coolant leaks on boards below.A model # will help always. try removing bateries from remote and press all buttons on front panel 10 times to loosen. if your daring and can figure it out unplug connectors to front panet elliminating the possibility of leaky switch on control panel . GOOD LUCK

brummy
New User

Apr 23, 2006, 6:37 PM

Post #3 of 4 (2193 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dillboy] mitsubishi trouble [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks Dillboy
I had tried all that even took batteries out of all my remotes thinking on of them could be interfering.Not
sure of the model # either 63511 or 63711 I think
I've had for 4 or 5 years its a 1080 series medallion.
when I turned on this AM it was on DVD still could not change but it would see the DVD player.After going through all the switches on the front panel its back to normal.Iguess i hadnt pushed them enough.
Thanks again, glad you could help

Russ Cool

dillboy
New User

Apr 23, 2006, 10:30 PM

Post #4 of 4 (2192 views)
Shortcut
Re: [brummy] mitsubishi trouble [In reply to] Can't Post

if this is 411 511 611 or 711. i have had multiple units with microswitch panels cause the unit to go into a non starting condition. so for future reference because you have already had a switch causing issues if the unit will not come on in the future pull the fabric speaker grill off and unplug both connectors use the remote control and turn the tv on if this works you know you need a microswitch pcb in the front. i think you are maybe seeing the beginning of what i see as an end result. hope it never goes dead on you. Good luckSmileWinkFrownTongueCoolBlushAngelicCrazyMadShockedUnsureLaughUnimpressedSly

dillboy

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)