Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Big Screen TV:
samsung image size

joe_mn
New User

Oct 2, 2005, 1:36 PM

Post #1 of 4 (3493 views)
Shortcut
samsung image size Can't Post

I have a samsung pcj534rf. 4ys old. i had the convergence chips replaced in may. last month a 5watt coated fuse blew. now, i notice that the bottom of the screen is black all the time. maybe 1-2". I also get a thin, maybe 1/4" wide snowy band at the very top of the set. this band only shows up on certain channels. the set is a 4:3 so when i watch WS dvd's, i get black bars on the top and bottom. ok, I can put up with that but now I am starting to get what looks like the RGB convergence grid at the very top of the screen. it almost seems like my image is too small or not centered. how do you adjust the image size? I can access the menu and do the manual convergence setup so i am pretty sure the screen image can also be adjusted. I also noticed when the chassis was out that it says pcj533. similar models? interesting. I use the comcast HD box and there is a "center image" option in the setup menu but that does not seem to change anything.

(This post was edited by joe_mn on Oct 2, 2005, 1:41 PM)

joe_mn
New User

Oct 3, 2005, 1:47 AM

Post #2 of 4 (3481 views)
Shortcut
Re: [joe_mn] samsung image size [In reply to] Can't Post

after playing with different inputs, I see now that regular HD programming looks ok. the RGB lines at the very top of the screen do not appear on broadcast HD. the lines only appear on DVD's. seems a little odd. both images are in letterbox mode so the top and bottom 1/4 of the screen should be black.

stooge_29
New User

Oct 11, 2008, 9:01 PM

Post #3 of 4 (2846 views)
Shortcut

Joe i have the same tv you do the pcj534rf. i bought this tv from a friend so i have no service manual and its driving me nuts. Curious to know if you knew how to access the DTV port from the menu. I have my antena option my video 1,2, and 3, my two s-video options, and my dvd option...i have the DTV ports on the rear of the tv but like said, cannot find option to switch over to DTV. if you have any idea please let me know??

Chrisry696
New User

Oct 15, 2008, 1:28 AM

Post #4 of 4 (2807 views)
Shortcut

What do you mean a 5 watt coated fuse? There isn't such a thing. You sure you replaced it with the correct part? That could be your problem. Circuit not getting correct volt/current. Double check your work. Make sure correct chips installed. Make sure they are original sanyo and not china chips.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)