Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Big Screen TV:
someone Please help

kpayton
New User

Jul 20, 2008, 1:29 AM

Post #1 of 3 (2439 views)
Shortcut
someone Please help Can't Post

Im hoping from board to board and I don't know where to start. I picked up a 52" RCA Television today Model MM52110.

The sign on it was free - one problem she said the control panel was out on it. She said it was like $250 to have a repairman fix it.

Is this part easily swapable? It seems like a great teleivision like 250 shouldn't be too much to put into it.

I'm not dumb when it comes to electronics but Ill be honest I don't know the tech terms on a TV.

I tried to power it up I hit the power button and get nothing on the television not even a flicker.

What exactly is a control panel?

denonjapan
Veteran

Sep 20, 2008, 10:13 PM

Post #2 of 3 (2388 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kpayton] someone Please help [In reply to] Can't Post

my point exactly!

denonjapan
made in japan

dkdhas3
User

Sep 24, 2008, 7:22 PM

Post #3 of 3 (2368 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kpayton] someone Please help [In reply to] Can't Post

i may be alone here but the MM series is one of the most pain in the ass tv's ever made. there are a few common problems with that model.the most common one involved a slew of parts including surface mounted diodes and resistors and a reg. ic if i'm not mistaken. from memory and its been a while for this set the board on the left if your looking at the back , if you can get to the underside of it you can see a large charred area in the center. i used to cringe when one of these came up. i could be way off, but the control board are the buttons in front maybe is what she is talking about and that is prob. not the probl.if you can see the burned area in the center of that board, and you can do surface mounted soldering and have a lot of beer, time and curse words, i will dig up the info.
good luck

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)