Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Big Screen TV:
sony KP51hw40 w/ blue lines ????

shawnd
New User

Apr 24, 2005, 7:02 PM

Post #1 of 7 (4303 views)
Shortcut
sony KP51hw40 w/ blue lines ???? Can't Post

I am not for sure if this is the correct place to post this but.....I have a Sony 51" HDTV and recently I have noticed small blue lines running hoz across the screen any time a dark image is up. What is causing this and is it something that can be ordered and replaced at home.

Thanks,

rpatel
New User

Apr 26, 2005, 5:17 PM

Post #2 of 7 (4274 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shawnd] sony KP51hw40 w/ blue lines ???? [In reply to] Can't Post

I HAve exactly the same problems on my 3 yrs old KP-51 HW40. Would you please let me know if you find any thing about this Whats wrong and hot to fix it. Email: rampatel45@hotmail.com

Thank you

mikemaiertv
Enthusiast

May 3, 2005, 8:43 PM

Post #3 of 7 (4253 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rpatel] sony KP51hw40 w/ blue lines ???? [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I HAve exactly the same problems on my 3 yrs old KP-51 HW40. Would you please let me know if you find any thing about this Whats wrong and hot to fix it. Email: rampatel45@hotmail.com

Thank you

Cant get my brouser to post so I will simply reply,

This seems to be happening to these Sonys alot, in this forum alone have seen this exact problem atleast 4 times today, The simple fix is remove the speaker grill and behind that you will find a control with six knobs marked screen and focus, warm up the set for about 20 min. then change the input to a source that has no signal giving you a black screen, then one at a time turn the screen control right to bring up what we call retrace lines then turn counter clock wise to make these lines disappear, do this to all screens and you should be grayscaled perrty close
Mike Owens Owner Competition TV Spokane WA.

Hect7369
User

May 7, 2005, 12:12 AM

Post #4 of 7 (4233 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shawnd] sony KP51hw40 w/ blue lines ???? [In reply to] Can't Post

SmileI am totally agree on last post(Mike)we sure u will solved this problem.

oboss
New User

Jul 1, 2005, 1:35 AM

Post #5 of 7 (4037 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mikemaiertv] sony KP51hw40 w/ blue lines ???? [In reply to] Can't Post

Code

Re: [rpatel] sony KP51hw40 w/ blue lines ????

My 3-year old sony KP51hw40 has a similar problem: it started showing RED-ORANGE lines horizontally across the screen 6 months ago. Now, the whole screen progressively turns red-orange starting ca. 1 minute after I turn it on, and gets to a point where I can't see anything else than shapes in a completely orange screen (sound is fine). I am not sure if it is related to the red-orange lines I used to have.

- Does anyone know if it can be repaired?
- rampatel45@hotmail.com suggested to remove the speaker grill: how can we open it? (I tried but couldn't figure out)

Thank you
olivier_boss@hotmail.com

mikemaiertv
Enthusiast

Jul 5, 2005, 4:49 PM

Post #6 of 7 (4008 views)
Shortcut
Re: [oboss] sony KP51hw40 w/ blue lines ???? [In reply to] Can't Post

On some Sonys there are two screws hiden behind plastic cover low on the speaker gril, pop these plug out and then remove the screws
Mike Owens Owner Competition TV Spokane WA.

sajrx
New User

Aug 9, 2005, 5:34 PM

Post #7 of 7 (3829 views)
Shortcut
HELP! [In reply to] Can't Post

I am writing with regard to KP57HW40. I placed a burning candle on top of the tv and my son knocked it down. It spalshed hot wax all over the speaker fabric. I tried removing the front cover to find that it is still attached to the body of the tv with wires. Any insight as to how I can remove just the fabric mesh in order to replace it??

In Reply To

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)