Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: DVD Repair Forum:
DVD/VCR DVC850C

Franky
User

Aug 1, 2007, 11:23 PM

Post #1 of 5 (2221 views)
Shortcut
DVD/VCR DVC850C Can't Post

Hi Guys I found a VCR/DVD in the Damp, The VCR works fine, but the DVD is dead with the DVD carraige is opened all the way pressing the open/close button don't even close the carraige, it's a Silvania modle# DVC 850C.any ideas, thanks in advance.

denonjapan
Veteran

Aug 2, 2007, 4:44 AM

Post #2 of 5 (2216 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Franky] DVD/VCR DVC850C [In reply to] Can't Post

Franky, if the unit is wet, how is it possible to be in working condition?... you said DAMP?

denonjapan
made in japan

Franky
User

Aug 3, 2007, 12:45 AM

Post #3 of 5 (2209 views)
Shortcut
Re: [denonjapan] DVD/VCR DVC850C [In reply to] Can't Post

i meant trash.

denonjapan
Veteran

Aug 10, 2007, 5:32 AM

Post #4 of 5 (2196 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Franky] DVD/VCR DVC850C [In reply to] Can't Post

Since you found the player in the dump, you can start to disassemble the unit's loading tray only to find out that beneath it, the lock had already broken off. Assuming I can guide you to remedy the loading problem, What comes next? Is it really working or the original owner intentionally causes the problem out of anger when the player starts freezing?.....if you insist, it's your time and money but before proceeding, seek parts distributors from sylvania if any available in your area.

denonjapan
made in japan

Franky
User

Aug 10, 2007, 8:04 PM

Post #5 of 5 (2191 views)
Shortcut
Re: [denonjapan] DVD/VCR DVC850C [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for you advice. I think i know where the fault is not sure. there is a Low Power-Loss Voltage Regulator,(Sharp PQ3D13).pin 1 input has 3.7,but pin2 the output is ov should have 3.3, bisides i connected rca cables from the vcr to tv and have no out put. only have output through coaxial cable,

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)