Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: DVD Repair Forum:
DVD playing TV audio?

budikovac
New User

Apr 18, 2007, 9:43 AM

Post #1 of 4 (2015 views)
Shortcut
DVD playing TV audio? Can't Post

I have a Sony DVD home theater system (DAV-DZ100) and i want to connect my TV audio to play on DVD speakers. Usaly i would just connect my TV audio output to my DVD player but that's not the case couse I'm from europe and the difference is that the europe DVD player has just a EURO SCART connector and obviously that's an output and it's used to send picture to the TV. Other jacks that I have on the DVD are just and AM-FM and custom speaker connectors for sony home theater speakers.
I would say that it's impossible to now play TV sound on DVD speakers with no audio input jack accept if I connect my scart to the let's say some satellite reciver that has a SCART TV connector but I do not have that.
The problem is that the manual says and i quote „With your TV's audio output connected to this system, you can listen TV sound through this system“! That's it, they don't explain how or should I say where should i connect my TV output cable when there is no jack for it. The same US model has an cinch video output connectors, S-video and cinch audio input connector.
Is this a mistake in a manual (I think it is) and all of Europe's DVD owners are screwed or is there a way to connect my TV audio output signal!

Thanks for your opinions!

techchris
Veteran

Apr 18, 2007, 6:44 PM

Post #2 of 4 (2011 views)
Shortcut
Re: [budikovac] DVD playing TV audio? [In reply to] Can't Post

if the scart on the DVD is in/out then you need a lead with scart on one end and RCA on the other end (if thats what is on the tv audio out) . the audio pins on the scart are 2 and 6 audio in,left and right, and pin 4 earth. you may have to make up a lead to do this

budikovac
New User

Apr 19, 2007, 7:29 AM

Post #3 of 4 (2007 views)
Shortcut
Re: [techchris] DVD playing TV audio? [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks!
Do you know is there a cable that I could buy with scart on one end and on the other a scart and a RCA jacks? And if there is would that work, connect the scart to send the picture to the TV and RCA to send the TV sound to the DVD (if my scart on DVD is in/out)?

Thanks again!

rrobor
Veteran

Apr 27, 2007, 3:17 AM

Post #4 of 4 (1986 views)
Shortcut
Re: [budikovac] DVD playing TV audio? [In reply to] Can't Post

The latest thing out is a scart plug with an inbuilt switch and 3 RCA sockets on it. You can set the switch to in or out. I bought a whole kit with one of those in it from Aldi stores here cost in Euros probably about 3 or 4.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)