Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: DVD Repair Forum:
DVD repair??

teleman
New User

Nov 13, 2006, 12:09 AM

Post #1 of 2 (2591 views)
Shortcut
DVD repair?? Can't Post

Smile DVD player problems all freeze up while playing DVD's.I have 6 players,all different manufacturers,Sony,Panasonic,Cyberhome,Kenwood ect. with the same problem?Having problem with all DVDs.Have tried cleaning the disks,and put in a lens cleaner disk in all these machines and still no results.Am I doing something wrong or do all DVD players only last from one to two years.Can I repair these machines or are they all throw away type units?If so,there is no reason to buy more expensive machines,and blue ray technology coming out,you will not really be able to throw away those units too easily??Too darb much money to lose there. Can you please help me if you can.Thank you Ray

techchris
Veteran

Nov 13, 2006, 5:08 PM

Post #2 of 2 (2584 views)
Shortcut
Re: [teleman] DVD repair?? [In reply to] Can't Post

freezing is usually the laser faulty or possibly the mpeg board .its a bit odd all develop faults at the same time.either way as you can buy a new player for about 50 why spend more fixing them?1-2 years is about average these days for it to last so just dump them.dont bet on blue ray being more reliable,it comes from the same chinese factories

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)