LG DF8900p - "No Disc" Error

cosmichobo
New User

May 5, 2007, 7:52 AM

Post #1 of 3 (2195 views)
Shortcut
LG DF8900p - "No Disc" Error Can't Post

G'day,

It's really not my month... My Thomson TV died recently, and now my "freebie" LG DF8900p DVD player has stopped working...

It was given me in a "non working" condition by my brother... he had no idea what was wrong - bought a new one. When you put a disc in, it would try to read it, spin up, but freeze straight away.

All I did was take the cover off it, and suddenly it worked again. That was in January...

Now it's suddenly stopped working again... when you put a disc in, is says "No Disc". I opened it up, had a look - when you put a disc in, it tries to spin it, but barely manages to move the disc. If you give it a prod, it does spin, but not fast enough - still says "No Disc", or says "Disc Err" (once only).

Is this horse dead? Have really been enjoying the ease of using divx dvds...

techchris
Veteran

May 5, 2007, 9:34 AM

Post #2 of 3 (2190 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cosmichobo] LG DF8900p - "No Disc" Error [In reply to] Can't Post

probably the laser not reading or motor faulty.it will cost less to buy a new dvd player

rrobor
Veteran

May 5, 2007, 11:03 AM

Post #3 of 3 (2190 views)
Shortcut
Re: [techchris] LG DF8900p - "No Disc" Error [In reply to] Can't Post

Get a 9V battery and a can of CRC, carefully unscrew the DVD mechanism from the panel. Now look at the motor that drives the DVD, find the leads to that and unhook it. Now with the CRC one squirt in where the lower motor bearing is. The motor is marked + and - fit the battery in reverse and let it spin, now another tiny squirt of CRC and it will speed up more, now one drop of 3 in one oil etc into the bearing another few seconds then unhook rebuild and unit is new again. 9V is a bit high, see if you can get a battery at the end of its life I use a power supply at about 6V

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)