Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: DVD Repair Forum:
No Disc indication

killermrob83
New User

Jan 14, 2012, 6:29 PM

Post #1 of 1 (1320 views)
Shortcut
No Disc indication Can't Post

I purchased a Magnavox MDV460/17, serial # KX1A0644053739, DVD player for my parents for Christmas of '06. They are in their 80s now and have only used it twice. I purchased them a few sets of DVDs for Christmas this past year. Only a few of the many discs in these sets will play, and not every time. They play just fine when I place them into the CD-ROM of the PC. I tried a cleaning disc, but made no difference whatsoever. Then the cleaning disc became dislodged from the tray and subsequently got jammed inside. I then removed the top cover to remove the cleaning disc. It appeared to me that the disc brushes were nowhere near to being in contact with the laser lens. I then cleaned the lens manually and reassembled the unit; made no difference as to the playing of the DVDs. This unit has been plugged in and on 'standby' for probably 5 years now, other than the two uses it had previoulsy. When it was used, it worked perfectly. Any ideas what the problem is? Would it be worth while to have someone repair it? I think I paid around $60 for it back then. Thank you for your time and consideration. Rob

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)