Free Games TV Forums

Main Index FORUM
HOME
Search Posts SEARCH
IN
Rules & FAQ RULES
F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: DVD Repair Forum:
Panasonic DVD-A310 Freezes up after 30 min.

osurick
New User

Jul 4, 2008, 9:01 PM

Post #1 of 9 (3652 views)
Shortcut
Panasonic DVD-A310 Freezes up after 30 min. Can't Post

My Panasonic DVD-A310 DVD player Freezes up after a movie has been playing for 30 min. It's a VERY OLD player from 1998. After 30 min the video and audio freeze up until it looks the movie is paused. I know it costs more to fix than to buy a new one but, I also spent $600 U.S. on this model when it came out. <br> <br>I heard early Panasonics had problems with the motor spindle? Does this sound like the cause of the problem? I already have the thing taken apart, I just need to know what part is causing the problem. Thanks. <br>

(This post was edited by osurick on Jul 4, 2008, 9:12 PM)

techchris
Veteran

Jul 5, 2008, 4:42 PM

Post #2 of 9 (3643 views)
Shortcut
Re: [osurick] Panasonic DVD-A310 Freezes up after 30 min. [In reply to] Can't Post

either the motor spindle or the laser could cause this

osurick
New User

Jul 10, 2008, 4:42 AM

Post #3 of 9 (3634 views)
Shortcut
Re: [techchris] Panasonic DVD-A310 Freezes up after 30 min. [In reply to] Can't Post

Is there a way I could order those parts myself? Should I just call Panasonic and tell them the parts I need for what model I have? Thanks

techchris
Veteran

Jul 10, 2008, 12:50 PM

Post #4 of 9 (3631 views)
Shortcut
Re: [osurick] Panasonic DVD-A310 Freezes up after 30 min. [In reply to] Can't Post

i would not spend money replacing the laser as the cost will be more than a new dvd player. the spindle might be worth a try .order from panasonic.

osurick
New User

Jul 12, 2008, 12:34 AM

Post #5 of 9 (3623 views)
Shortcut
Re: [techchris] Panasonic DVD-A310 Freezes up after 30 min. [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeah, I agree. I'm gonna give it a shot and if it doesn't work I'm buying a Blue Ray Player (Though I have heard the difference is not that noticeable). I took it apart (unplugging it first) messed around with it, plugged it back in and now it displays "LOCKED" on the display when I try to turn it off. I got the reset code (hold <, Pause, Power together) but it is still LOCKED. Any advice?

osurick
New User

Jul 16, 2008, 3:09 AM

Post #6 of 9 (3586 views)
Shortcut

Could disconnecting the ribbon wires be the cause of this? The unit was unplugged when I did all this and I reinserted them properly before turning back on. Also, I see your last post was removed but what did you say about a "code"?

techchris
Veteran

Jul 16, 2008, 9:52 AM

Post #7 of 9 (3585 views)
Shortcut

its locked because it was unplugged from the supply and may have an antitheft pin number to unlock it. i doubt removing the ribbon would cause this

rrobor
Veteran

Aug 3, 2008, 7:26 AM

Post #8 of 9 (3454 views)
Shortcut

It is common for the bottom bearing of the spindle motor to be clogged up a bit. If you put a DVD in and turn it by hand is is spinning freely, if you spin it and it doesnt do a few revolutions you can try, unhitch and turn upside down, there is a small hole at the bottom, 1 squirt of CRC and turn the moter in reverse direction, I use a power supply and drive it in reverse till it eases up then a spot of sewing machine oil and its good as new. You do get an odd failure so its a risk if its just worn out. My feeling though its the laser mech, perhaps a fractured cable from laser to Mpeg. Most faults when hot are not supply or motor. I would also tell you the fix aint worth it, You can buy a cheap machine which has no codes plays everything and is usually OK for a couple of years for under $50.

denonjapan
Veteran

Aug 21, 2008, 11:51 AM

Post #9 of 9 (3424 views)
Shortcut

it's definitely the motor spindle. Laser don't cause the freeze if the revolution continues.

denonjapan
made in japan

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)