Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: DVD Repair Forum:
Cyberhome DVD Player Part Needed...

Howard_Woodard
New User

Jun 22, 2020, 8:52 PM

Post #1 of 2 (3430 views)
Shortcut
Cyberhome DVD Player Part Needed... Can't Post

Hi all. Since the quarantine I've been fixing everything in my house - so far so good. Now I'm starting to pull old things out of boxes and see if I can keep them out of the landfill and maybe even provide someone else some use from them.

One of the things is a 15 year old Cyberhome DVD player that probably didn't cost $40 when new. But, once repaired, still capable of providing good functionality to someone.

The tracking mechanism seemed to be stuck and would start jittering back and forth at a certain position every time. I discovered that the little plastic drive gear of the position servo shaft was split between two of the teeth and that's where the mechanism was sticking.

This seems to be an odd-ball size and after a couple of days of looking, my google skills have failed me and I have not been able to find a replacement.

Its specs are...
Product Name : Plastic Gear
Outer Diameter: 5.5mm; Shaft Diameter : 2mm; Thickness : 5mm
Material : Plastic;Color : White
Teeth : 12;Modulus : 0.5

I Can match the OD/ID but only with 10 teeth and all the 12 teeth ones I've found start at 7mm OD.

Does anyone know of a source for this gear?

Thanks in advance for whatever help offered.

Howard

jts1957
Veteran

Jun 24, 2020, 4:10 PM

Post #2 of 2 (3378 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Howard_Woodard] Cyberhome DVD Player Part Needed... [In reply to] Can't Post

If is split along the shaft, carefully remove from shaft and while keeping it closed with a pair of forceps, weld by gently melting plastic along crack. Carefully replace onto shaft and reinforce by crazy gluing it to the shaft.

-------------------------

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)