Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: DVD Repair Forum:
Samsung DVD-VR325 Dead

musicmanuk
New User

Aug 21, 2007, 11:09 AM

Post #1 of 6 (2707 views)
Shortcut
Samsung DVD-VR325 Dead Can't Post

I have just switched this unit back on after returning from vacation, and it will not power up. Nothing is lit on the front panel. I have checked the power supply lead to the unit and also the internal fuse next to the power connector on the main board, which are all good. Does anyone have any ideas as to what the fault could be please?

denonjapan
Veteran

Aug 30, 2007, 4:23 AM

Post #2 of 6 (2688 views)
Shortcut
Re: [musicmanuk] Samsung DVD-VR325 Dead [In reply to] Can't Post

Just curious!when you posted this note on AUGUST 21 ( my birthday Wink) was a very stormy weather around U.S. continent. do you think this is simply a power outage from the socket or have it hit by a lightning?

denonjapan
made in japan

musicmanuk
New User

Aug 30, 2007, 2:45 PM

Post #3 of 6 (2683 views)
Shortcut
Re: [denonjapan] Samsung DVD-VR325 Dead [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Just curious!when you posted this note on AUGUST 21 ( my birthday Wink) was a very stormy weather around U.S. continent. do you think this is simply a power outage from the socket or have it hit by a lightning?

denonjapan
made in japan

No, it didn't reach the UK! No other equipment was affected, so I am still at a loss as to how it happened and what the problem is.

techchris
Veteran

Aug 30, 2007, 5:47 PM

Post #4 of 6 (2679 views)
Shortcut
Re: [musicmanuk] Samsung DVD-VR325 Dead [In reply to] Can't Post

either the power supply in the unit has stopped working or there is a short circuit somewhere which is shutting the power supply down. it will probably cost more than its worth to fix it anyway even if parts are available.as to why..why does anything go wrong? its just a combination of bad luck and poor Chinese manufacturing I expect.

musicmanuk
New User

Aug 30, 2007, 6:53 PM

Post #5 of 6 (2677 views)
Shortcut
Re: [techchris] Samsung DVD-VR325 Dead [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
either the power supply in the unit has stopped working or there is a short circuit somewhere which is shutting the power supply down. it will probably cost more than its worth to fix it anyway even if parts are available.as to why..why does anything go wrong? its just a combination of bad luck and poor Chinese manufacturing I expect.

Yes, I thought the same. And I used to work in Quality Control...

Franky
User

Sep 28, 2007, 9:03 PM

Post #6 of 6 (2620 views)
Shortcut
Re: [techchris] Samsung DVD-VR325 Dead [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't think Sumsung is chinese.it supposed to be Korean

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)