Sony DVP-NC600 spinning issues

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

moldymac
New User

Aug 7, 2008, 12:40 AM

Post #1 of 28 (9038 views)
Shortcut
Sony DVP-NC600 spinning issues Can't Post

I am not sure if the spindle motor is shot on this thing or a bad surface mount capacitor, but the dvd player wont spin the disc unless you help it start spinning, then it will work for a few minutes and then stop. Almost seems like a failing capacitor. Any ides how to fix this thing?

onetech
User

Aug 7, 2008, 10:06 PM

Post #2 of 28 (9034 views)
Shortcut
Re: [moldymac] Sony DVP-NC600 spinning issues [In reply to] Can't Post

Sounds like the spindle motor is bad.

(This post was edited by onetech on Aug 7, 2008, 10:07 PM)

denonjapan
Veteran

Aug 21, 2008, 11:43 AM

Post #3 of 28 (9005 views)
Shortcut
Re: [onetech] Sony DVP-NC600 spinning issues [In reply to] Can't Post

LOL , Try the belt.......

denonjapan
made in japan

onetech
User

Aug 22, 2008, 9:09 PM

Post #4 of 28 (8997 views)
Shortcut
Re: [denonjapan] Sony DVP-NC600 spinning issues [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
LOL , Try the belt.......

denonjapan
made in japan

DVD spindle motors don't use a belt they are direct drive.

denonjapan
Veteran

Sep 3, 2008, 12:33 AM

Post #5 of 28 (8981 views)
Shortcut

Not necessarily true to all dvd players! Im referring to the loading and un-loading mechanism of the player. Besides, sony DVP-NC600 is a carousel DVD PLAYER , as it may have resulted to the play and exchange mechanism. The other is laser problem.

denonjapan
made in japan

onetech
User

Sep 3, 2008, 4:07 PM

Post #6 of 28 (8975 views)
Shortcut

He's not referring to the loading and unloading drive nor is he referring to the carousel drive he's referring to the DVD spindle drive which is a direct drive motor in ALL DVD units.

denonjapan
Veteran

Sep 4, 2008, 1:27 AM

Post #7 of 28 (8971 views)
Shortcut

Should I tell you or let you discover on your own? any symptoms involve mechanically, Keyword: intact and stable ( if the platter above the spindle motor loose control or grip of the spinning disc and can't hold thru the revolution, laser looses the data therefore it stops. In this case when you unload the disc. the laser goes up and down releasing the tray. Vice versa, Part of this mechanism involved wear and tear of the belt. the belt looses, lesser the grip of the positioned disc from the attempted spin....if this is a bad capacitor, the spindle motor won't respond at all, and if you call it laser problem. it constantly freezes and stops permanently. it's thesame symptoms when the laser is out.
denonjapan
made in japan

(This post was edited by denonjapan on Sep 4, 2008, 1:36 AM)

onetech
User

Sep 5, 2008, 3:38 PM

Post #8 of 28 (8961 views)
Shortcut

You sure talk alot but never say anything! If you have nothing technically relivent to the conversation or specific issue at hand please don't waste our time.

denonjapan
Veteran

Sep 5, 2008, 6:58 PM

Post #9 of 28 (8958 views)
Shortcut

you can't diagnose anything by probability and assumptions. That's all MOST of you does! What relevant is direct anybody with the basic and not imply anything technical if you're not sure what you're guessing. what you said earlier is subjecting someone to spend on something it's not required. I'd rather let him take his time and not your term (wasted) by sharing your impertinent idea. I am responsible for anthing I stated, if it didn't concern you nor benefit your understanding, I dont' see why I did among your time Wasted?

go fuck yourself, you aint no tech!

denonjapan
made in japan

onetech
User

Sep 5, 2008, 7:57 PM

Post #10 of 28 (8952 views)
Shortcut

I rest my case.

In Reply To
you can't diagnose anything by probability and assumptions. That's all MOST of you does! What relevant is direct anybody with the basic and not imply anything technical if you're not sure what you're guessing. what you said earlier is subjecting someone to spend on something it's not required. I'd rather let him take his time and not your term (wasted) by sharing your impertinent idea. I am responsible for anthing I stated, if it didn't concern you nor benefit your understanding, I dont' see why I did among your time Wasted?

go fuck yourself, you aint no tech!

denonjapan
made in japan

onetech
User

Sep 5, 2008, 9:19 PM

Post #11 of 28 (8941 views)
Shortcut
Re: [moldymac] Sony DVP-NC600 spinning issues [In reply to] Can't Post

Moldymac,
Sorry for that unpleasant interruption. The cost to repair that unit would be to much as I have seen this model for sale (used) for as little as $120.00(us)

In Reply To
I am not sure if the spindle motor is shot on this thing or a bad surface mount capacitor, but the dvd player wont spin the disc unless you help it start spinning, then it will work for a few minutes and then stop. Almost seems like a failing capacitor. Any ides how to fix this thing?

rrobor
Veteran

Oct 14, 2008, 1:08 PM

Post #12 of 28 (8705 views)
Shortcut

Know its a bit of an old thread but this is an easy fix. Unsolder the motor and run from a power supply or battery in reverse IE plus to minus etc. and upside down. On the bottom of the motor there is a small hole into the bearing, squirt 1 squirt of CRC, the motor should now run faster. once it seems to be running free lubricate with one drop of sewing machine style oil. This is a Sony fix and the fault is very common, its the bottom bearing becoming clogged.

(This post was edited by rrobor on Oct 14, 2008, 1:13 PM)

denonjapan
Veteran

Nov 1, 2008, 5:08 AM

Post #13 of 28 (8662 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rrobor] Sony DVP-NC600 spinning issues [In reply to] Can't Post

bullshit!!!! don't do it!

denonjapan
made in japan

rrobor
Veteran

Nov 1, 2008, 6:24 AM

Post #14 of 28 (8659 views)
Shortcut

I dont claim credit for this fix, its an official Sony fix. So Mr smarty go tell Sony they talk Bullshit.

denonjapan
Veteran

Nov 1, 2008, 1:59 PM

Post #15 of 28 (8653 views)
Shortcut

SONY abroad will tell you that, SONY Japan instead will vow your stupidass.

denonjapan
made in japan

rrobor
Veteran

Nov 2, 2008, 9:54 AM

Post #16 of 28 (8648 views)
Shortcut

The fix is from Sony, it is an official DVD motor fix in a handout sheet. If you had ever worked for a manufacturer or had any idea about laws governing agents, you would not dismiss the fix. As to vowing my sorry ass, this is gibberish nonsense. A Vow is an oath or promise and an ass is a cross between a donkey and a mule, I dont own one so how can it be sorry. Im done now, knowing you will answer again, I tell you I wont as there is no point arguing with such as you.

denonjapan
Veteran

Nov 3, 2008, 7:28 AM

Post #17 of 28 (8637 views)
Shortcut

You said same thing over and over again, There's always a point to readers in the line of our communication not necessarily an argument. Everytime you always let me the leading player and you always end up the > "jack and stone"...Sometimes Im confused if the handout sheet you told from sony, is really came from SHIMANO. So, which one are you? A bike mechanic???. The motor is sealed with permanent lubrication called grease. if you lubricate it with machine oil, doesn't that attract dirt? and once you pour machine oil and rarely use the player what comes next?> Rust. have you thought about that?.....Anyway," there's no old age to study" lucky you this is a good excuse for being an ASS. what you learn back in the days during the cassette tape era> stops there.
trust me! never say it's over till I say so!
denonjapan
made in japan

rrobor
Veteran

Nov 3, 2008, 10:16 AM

Post #18 of 28 (8633 views)
Shortcut

There is no grease in a DVD motor bearng. The bearing is made from phosphor bronze. This makes the bronze bearing behave like a sponge, capable of holding oil. The bearing when hot is plunged in oil and sucks the oil into the open pores as it cools. Sony motors have a small hole in a tin cap over the bearing for the purpose of relubrication. The fault is slight wear causes grime to slowly clog the lower section of the bearing, using a solvent like CRC and running the motor backwards floats the grime out and a small spot of oil relubricates. The shaft is bright steel, the bearing is bronze, Rust is Iron Oxide where iron comes into contact with water. As I do not advocate any use of water, there is no rust issue. To correct one point, I said I would not argue with an idiot and will not do so. Shimano as far as I know make fishing gear and cycles and do use sealed ball or roller bearings in their reels etc, other than that you are plucking words out of the air. If you look at this thread there are now 2 people in the thread saying you are an idiot and know nothing.

techchris
Veteran

Nov 3, 2008, 9:05 PM

Post #19 of 28 (8628 views)
Shortcut

I have seen this Sony fix too in the UK.

denonjapan
Veteran

Nov 4, 2008, 2:33 AM

Post #20 of 28 (8624 views)
Shortcut

LOL! LOL ! No wonder why lots of individual never made it to their DIY REPAIR projects because "The bearing when hot is plunged in oil and sucks the oil into the open pores as it cools". LOL LOL! Also>The fault is slight wear causes grime to slowly clog the lower section of the bearing, using a solvent like CRC and running the motor backwards floats the grime out and a small spot of oil relubricates. And most importantly is these > Rust is Iron Oxide where iron comes into contact with water. As I do not advocate any use of water, there is no rust issue
where there's a heat and oxygen are present will condensed creating moisture. You didn't actually advocate the use of water not necessarily but the use of oil in the area of possible of moisture do NOT suggest the purpose of why oil isn't ideal for lubrication of such conditions. and where did you get the idea of the "bearing when hot is plunged in oil and sucks the oil into open pores as it cools?". what the fuck!!!! You don't put oil where heat is present, You tend to dissipate the heat to protect the bearing against the surrounding axle, and the best way is to lubricate with grease NOT OIL!!! . Grime build-up will cause by the OIL in the area where heat and rubbing continues. Above all, it attracts dirt........Use OIL with your buttplug or by all means Grease too,. LOL!.......shimano do not manufacture fishing gears or sealed rollers, You are so enthusiastic of one thing you barely know. Is there such thing as an "idiot"other than the bearer of the word itself?

don't fuck with me!Tongue

denonjapan
made in japan

rrobor
Veteran

Nov 4, 2008, 8:34 AM

Post #21 of 28 (8617 views)
Shortcut

Shimano. http://www.reelfishingdeals.com/
. The rest of your stupidity shows you did not study physics at school, you have no idea as to elements or mechanics and I am quite prepaired to reply when you put your foot in it to prove just how ignorant you are.

denonjapan
Veteran

Nov 4, 2008, 11:33 AM

Post #22 of 28 (8610 views)
Shortcut

LOL, Im just loving this shit. Hey! Ignorant to me,> is something didn't interest me. Personally, there's nothing wrong with it. I can accept to be ignorant in the area where you do the fishing and call me when you finish cooking. fair?
But Im here to tell you again when you want to strive in repair. DO NOT USE OIL-BASED LUBRICATION! It may sound good as to the word LUBRICATION but That's the worst thing you could do. LOL and Im serious! LOL....
We continue living thru Physics, but if you rely on what you study from school is even worst discussing elements or mechanics when you think you're quite prepared. You shouldn't be.....You must already know! don't you agree?.
denonjapan
made in japan

rrobor
Veteran

Nov 5, 2008, 8:20 AM

Post #23 of 28 (8595 views)
Shortcut

I always leave it to the reader to decipher what is real and what is gibberish. USA has a new President created by democracy, I think its a good idea to leave the reader to make up there minds without insults being used or foul language. When people make mistakes and then try to back out, it only adds to their folly to try to distort their mistake by trying to make fun in another direction. Search for phosphor bronze bearings and find out how they work would be a start. To suggest that education is a hindrance to knowledge is a concept I never considered before, It took a mind like yours to think of that. DONT YOU AGREE.

(This post was edited by rrobor on Nov 5, 2008, 12:35 PM)

denonjapan
Veteran

Nov 5, 2008, 2:28 PM

Post #24 of 28 (8589 views)
Shortcut

"IT IS! WHAT IT IS" I can take anything with gratitude. Not because it takes a good preparation. At this point, I only apply SCIENCE is the authority and challenge EDUCATION (oil) but not totally dismiss it. However, KNOWLEDGE sums up the result that whatever good out there, there's always better (grease).Wink

denonjapan
made in japan

rrobor
Veteran

Nov 6, 2008, 6:15 AM

Post #25 of 28 (8579 views)
Shortcut

I asked you to look up how phosphor bronze bearings work, you did not. Phosphorus is classified as non metallic so you can not create a true alloy by mixing it with any metal. What you create is a metal with holes where the atoms dont fit together correctly, in effect a bronze sponge. If you heat this sponge the air within it expands, if now plunged into a suitable oil, as it cools the oil is sucked in as the air contracts impregnating the sponge and being held there for the life of the bearing. Grease being thicker can not impregnate the sponge so is just not used. Grime from various sources tend to choke the action of the bearing so by using some liquid solvent to clean the motor lower bearing, you will remove the clogging of the pores on the surface of the bearing. To do this you need a highly fluid liquid and rely on a phenomena called capillary action, which is the way a tree pumps water from its roots to its leaves. This is due to a tube or two plates being so close that a molecule of air will not fit, this creates a slight vacuum so a thin liquid can be sucked up. Grease would block the bearing and would not work. If you are going to argue, argue on the physics or the mechanics, but dont just waffle rubbish.

(This post was edited by rrobor on Nov 6, 2008, 7:29 AM)

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.18 s on (CGI/1.1)