Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: DVD Repair Forum:
bush dvd/video combi

ernie
User

Jul 15, 2006, 11:00 AM

Post #1 of 4 (1983 views)
Shortcut
bush dvd/video combi Can't Post

this comes on in standby will then come on when i warm it up near the power supply and works perfect for a few days or untill i put it off then ihave to warm it up again to get it on i changed several caps in the power supply but obvioussly not the right one or maybey it is something else any ideas apprecciated

KAKU
New User

Jul 28, 2006, 5:00 PM

Post #2 of 4 (1973 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ernie] bush dvd/video combi [In reply to] Can't Post

HAVE YOU LOOKED FOR DRY JOINTS IN THE POWER SUPPLY. THE RIGHT VALUE CAPS DO MAKE A DIFFERENCE

ernie
User

Jul 29, 2006, 1:24 AM

Post #3 of 4 (1970 views)
Shortcut
Re: [KAKU] bush dvd/video combi [In reply to] Can't Post

checked and doubled checked but cant see any dry joints.did a bit of soldering on some iffy joints but still the same.allthough this problem seems to be a power supply one and points to a cap or two and i put new caps in with exactly the same values of the old ones it still does the same thing i wondered if it might be a stock fault as it had allready been to a repair shop,that is where i brought it from, and they had writ it of (but then they normally do as its easier to write things of under insurance then it is to fix them) thanks for your input i might just have to change most the caps in the power supply thanks again

techchris
Veteran

Jul 29, 2006, 10:09 AM

Post #4 of 4 (1967 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ernie] bush dvd/video combi [In reply to] Can't Post

ther may be a high value resistor that kick starts the power supply ic,which feeds off the rectified mains voltage input. sometimes these go high value

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)