Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Digital TV Forum:
Digital Quality

rma127
New User

Jun 8, 2006, 1:30 PM

Post #1 of 3 (2820 views)
Shortcut
Digital Quality Can't Post

Hello. I have a question about digital quality vs analog.
Since the technician installed my STB i have noticed that the quality of the analog channels are worse than they were before. I have a Sony Wega HDTV, and brighthouse digital cable box. I have coax to the box and Component connections to the TV. If i change inputs and bypass the STB the analog channels come in much clearer. Even if i set them to WIDE screen(attempting to do what the digital box does) and compare the two inputs, bypassing the box is still clear. I was told that i would have to change inputs based on which channels i want to watch. I am just curious if anyone else has noticed this. I did not think i would have ot be doing this as i thought digital would be an improvement over analog and i thought that the STB would handle all the conversions so i would not have to swap. I would be happy if i just received the same quality, but it is definetly less quality on those channels through the box.

rma127
New User

Jun 9, 2006, 11:12 PM

Post #2 of 3 (2812 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rma127] Digital Quality [In reply to] Can't Post

Well, this is amazing. After the third cable technician left today telling me that "that's the way his work soo", i called Brighthouse and told them i was switching to Verizon(FIOS). She put me on hold, then she came back on and said they did not want me to do that. They decided that they would swap out my box, although that is what the tech was supposed to do today, but he said it would not make a difference. They swapped out my PACE digital Cable box for a Scientific Atlanta(which the techs have siad they did not have any in stock, except they upgraded mine to the DVR one). Anyway after three so called techs and a personal drive to the local Brighhouse office to return the old one and a new DVR one....believe it or not my picture is good again on the analog channels. So fo all the techs that said "that is how it works", i say they should be ashamed of themselves. I had to go there myself and threaten to switch to Verizon for them to find a box, but it worked. The funny thing is that when i was at the office and she opened the cabinet behind her to get my box, the cabinet was full of new ones.....very embrassing to Brighthouse that a new digital customer gets an old used box and then has 3 techs look at it , then the customer has to swap it out himself. I should not blame brighthouse too much, it was the contractors. Anyway if you have a similar problem, try changing the box instead of taking the tech's word for it.

denonjapan
Veteran

Jul 31, 2007, 5:53 AM

Post #3 of 3 (2468 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rma127] Digital Quality [In reply to] Can't Post

HITECH!... watch and learn from this story. the difference of reading, and one with initiative of being there.

denonjapan
made in japan

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)