Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Digital TV Forum:
Digital box converter

gkflannery2
New User

Apr 26, 2009, 4:39 PM

Post #1 of 3 (13760 views)
Shortcut
Digital box converter Can't Post

Pirate I've completely lost my mind over this horrendous transition ... please help. I have a Magnavox SDTV tuner ... and now I have lost 3 local channels. I've followed all the multiple instructions and FAQs about attempting to tune in ... no luck. I've been without Public Television for 3 weeks now (since our local affiliate stopped their analog broadcast). Now I also cannot figure out how to reset my box ... I pressed the setup button on the remote when the screen said "press the setup button for 3 seconds for RF out". No, I wasn't sure what that meant at that moment, but I mistakenly assumed that this would be user friendly and provide me with a reset option or menu option. no buttons work on my remote and this converter has no buttons that I can find.

So ... now I have NO television. Even if I do get it back, I still cannot receive three local stations. Is my converter box an older model or do I now need to go cable or install a rooftop ant? Those are not options for me due to economy ... otherwise I'd already be there,

From the coverter box itself: E175216 Magnavox SDTV tuner

Please help!!

USMC7
New User

May 19, 2009, 12:29 AM

Post #2 of 3 (13711 views)
Shortcut
Re: [gkflannery2] Digital box converter [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey, I looked everywhere for this same answer and finally broke down and called Magnavox, surprisingly the woman was very helpful - make sure your tv is on ch 3 and hold down the setup button (on the converter box remote) for 15-20 seconds or until the menu comes up. Thats all it took, I signed up just to tell you because this chinese garbage is so frusterating and it's wasting our American time!Mad

denonjapan
Veteran

Jul 23, 2009, 3:01 AM

Post #3 of 3 (13538 views)
Shortcut
Re: [gkflannery2] Digital box converter [In reply to] Can't Post

get a rooftop antenna, having a converter box just don't make any sense downcoverting signal a digital signal thru rabbit ears. it is what it is. i understand it is not an option due to economy....unless you're willing to loose watching, then IT the habit.

denonjapan
made in japan

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)