Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Digital TV Forum:
Digital tv question on a sony kdl-32p3020

ta05
New User

Jan 13, 2009, 11:18 AM

Post #1 of 3 (2366 views)
Shortcut
Digital tv question on a sony kdl-32p3020 Can't Post

I'd like to get digital tv on our new tv, which is below...
http://www.sony.co.uk/...p-series/kdl-32p3020
However, our existing ariel will not find any digital channels, only the 4 analogue channels.
I dont know how old our existing ariel is, so if a new digital ariel is needed, I have seen one in B&Q for about £20, I would just then need for it to be installed.
I have heard that the Bexhill transmitter is able to pick up digital, but the one we are connected to at the moment, in Heathfield does not.
So, will I just need our existing ariel repositioned (and ariel replaced if need be) or will I need a digibox too for example that transmits freeview, as it doesnt look like my tv has freeview built in?
Thanks for your help :)

techchris
Veteran

Jan 14, 2009, 12:10 PM

Post #2 of 3 (2356 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ta05] Digital tv question on a sony kdl-32p3020 [In reply to] Can't Post

to get digital you need a tv with freeview tuner built in or a digibox to receive digital signals.you may just be able to upgrade to a digital tv aerial but if you are in a poor recaption area your best bet is to get freesat with a satelite dish and freesat box. check this out at www.freesat.co.uk

ta05
New User

Jan 14, 2009, 12:29 PM

Post #3 of 3 (2354 views)
Shortcut
Re: [techchris] Digital tv question on a sony kdl-32p3020 [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks, I already have one sattelite dish and reciever connected to the tv, which is tuned into the Hotbird satellite, so ideally it will need to be a box, going through an aeriel rather than plaster the back of my flat with 2 dishes LOL.
Im not really sure what channels I would pick up just upgrading to a digital aerial (get rid of the old analogue one)and repositioning it.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)