Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Digital TV Forum:
NBA in China

landy79
New User

Nov 5, 2010, 9:55 AM

Post #1 of 1 (1308 views)
Shortcut
NBA in China Can't Post

Sherlock Sun has a product to sell in China that he's believed in for his whole life: The NBA.

Sun, a Chinese-American, was born and raised in New York City by a Shanghainese father and a Taiwanese mother. His parents emphasized strong academics but also sought to balance his studies with other interests NFL jerseys wholesale , which included basketball. He grew up like a typical American-born Chinese, with a stunted level of Mandarin.
"I grew up speaking Chinese, and it was very important," says Sun. "When I first arrived I went through a period of assimilation, my Chinese in the US versus my Chinese here, there were a lot of colloquial terms that I didn't understand. I did private tutoring for a long period of time, expanded my network of local contacts, friends and business contacts in an attempt to submerge myself in the culture."
It is exactly this mindset of assimilation and desire for cultural understanding that helps Sun and the NBA succeed in China. Starting in 2006 before the formation of NBA China, the NBA opened its first retail store in Beijing¡¯s Wangfujng street, catering to the Chinese demand for basketball paraphernalia, from player and team-themed sneakers to basketball related apparel.
6£¬ how could a perennial playoff team be poorly managed?
It appears that Smith¡¯s high risk approach to management may have finally bit him where the sun doesn¡¯t shine after an offseason with some borderline ignorant moves that may have been influenced by the labor dispute
. Regardless of the reasoning, however, San Diego will roll into Arrowhead on Monday night minus some key contributors.

Pro Bowlers, and arguably most important offensive weapons, left tackle Marcus McNeil and wide-out Vincent Jackson are two of the casualties of the fiscal approach to team management that San Diego brass has stubbornly taken. Neither Chargers player will make the trip to Kansas City on Monday and both appear to be a long way from joining the team in the near future.

Despite handicapping the team¡¯s offense, Smith has the backing of the team president. ¡°They put themselves in this position football jerseys china , we didn¡¯t put them in this position¡± Spanos told the San Diego Union-Tribune of the two holdouts. ¡°I was part of the process¡­I know exactly what our position was and why we made the decisions we made. I fully support our general manager on this¡±.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)