New TV - not receiving digital signal

Mamacat
New User

Dec 5, 2008, 9:43 PM

Post #1 of 5 (8600 views)
Shortcut
New TV - not receiving digital signal Can't Post

I bought a new Polaroid HDTV LCD flat screen TV this year...15.4"
Last night our television stations ran a test of the digital signal where they only transmitted in the digital for about 5 minutes. My analog TV in the bedroom hooked to the converter box worked great..good picture. But my NEW TV didn't receive the digital signal. I have it hooked to a Phillips VHF/UHF (box said for HDTV) and got nothing. any idea why it would not have received the signal and what do I need to do to get it to receive the signals. I thought all new TVs after May 2007 were to have the digital tuner in them...? I'm lost... Paid a little over $200 and can't get the digital..
Help
:o( I'm sad... want the new TV to work

thank you

denonjapan
Veteran

Dec 6, 2008, 2:03 PM

Post #2 of 5 (8595 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mamacat] New TV - not receiving digital signal [In reply to] Can't Post

mamacat!,..... 1st, it's strange that your so called television stations ran a digital test for 5 minutes and you are able to set the tv 5 minutes less than that...... well, never mind I said that, perhaps the reason all you did was plug and play which you should re-scan the channel "AGAIN" after connecting it to the converter box. Also, I doubt that your Polaroid tv has digital tuner built in cause if it has, You don't need a converter box.......People often wrong from having thoughts, make sure verify this info thru the manual.

denonjapan
made in japan

Mamacat
New User

Dec 7, 2008, 10:12 PM

Post #3 of 5 (8587 views)
Shortcut
Re: [denonjapan] New TV - not receiving digital signal [In reply to] Can't Post

I do not have a converter box connected to the digital lcd tv. it is supposed to have built in tuner for digital when I bought it. It is the Polaroid HD Widescreen LCD Television... TLA 01511C model
I bought it so I wouldnt have to connect a converter box to it. My converter box is hooked to an analog tv in the bedroom... When they did the digital test, my analog tv with the convertor box, picked up the digital signal just fine, but my HD tv with the built in digital tuner did not pick up the signal.
Our television stations here ran a digital test one day 3 times, where they turned off their analog signal and only transmitted in digital so people could see if their televisions were ready for the February digital change over.

I'll check some more stuff...
thanks

denonjapan
Veteran

Dec 8, 2008, 4:23 AM

Post #4 of 5 (8585 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mamacat] New TV - not receiving digital signal [In reply to] Can't Post

But you haven't confirmed yet if you did go through the scanning process of the tv's tuner section. Thru the tv's menu?....You just can't expect the the signal to appear without scanning the signal? ......By doing so, You can test it yourself by connecting a rabbit antenna to the coxial input. go thru MENU :>the tuner section, from there you can select DIGITAL or ANALOG signal and then press SCAN.

denonjapan
made in japan

Mamacat
New User

Dec 8, 2008, 5:16 AM

Post #5 of 5 (8582 views)
Shortcut
Re: [denonjapan] New TV - not receiving digital signal [In reply to] Can't Post

I thought I had done that right after I turned it on for the first time. I reran the scan and still didn't pick any digital channels up. I ran it about 3 more times and finally picked up a few of them...but not all of them. I'll keep trying every so often. I read somewhere online that the stations aren't broadcasting in digital with very strong signals right now but is supposed to get better when it gets closer to Feb. They also recommended after they turn off the analog and on the digital to scan your channels again because some of the stations will change their digital number.
Will keep trying

thanks
have a very Merry Christmas...

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)