sjmartin
New User

Jan 1, 2006, 7:14 PM

Post #1 of 2 (2418 views)
Shortcut
Problems setting up RCA HTDV Tuner ATSC11 Can't Post

Just purchased the above tuner for my Sony 34 inch
widescreen HD Model KV-34HS420. The Sony TV has a
HDMI slot in video 7 together with (2) RCA Audio in.

My RCA ATSC tuner has a place for a (1) DVI cable, (2) optical digital audio cable. I purchased a HDMI to DVI digital cable and connected the TV & ATSC tuner. I next
ran my optical digital audio cable to my Receiver.
The coxial cable from my roof top outside antenna was
plugged into the back of the RCA Tuner.

On the Sony TV I manually set the video to 7 ( I have 1 thru 7 depending if I am using dish Network, DVD, VCR and in this case 7 for the HDTV tuner) I also set the TV to channel 3 or 4 prior to selecting the video.

When I turn the RCA Tuner on and select menu on the
front of the Tuner Box I can see flickers/ white lines 0ccasionally going across the screen. Then they stop.
If I try to select Menu on the remote control, nothing happens. (I've tried new batteries & the RCA Remote will turn on/off my TV after I programed the Remote)

I am really at a loss because this setup should be easy. I feel like there is something that I should turn on or off in the Sony TV so that the Sony will recognize
the RCA tuner. Possibly I need to do something on the RCA but I don't thinkso.

Any suggestions on what the problem could be? Any suggestions as to where to call for help from the
companies rep?

denonjapan
Veteran

Feb 15, 2006, 5:37 AM

Post #2 of 2 (2378 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sjmartin] Problems setting up RCA HTDV Tuner ATSC11 [In reply to] Can't Post

sjmartin! Since you choose a separate HD BOX, Beleive me! your connections are right, but you have to download the process thru the HD BOX in order to receive channels.

denonjapan

made in japan

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)