Panasonic digital tv

Stuart js
New User

Sep 16, 2005, 11:34 PM

Post #1 of 4 (3144 views)
Shortcut
Panasonic digital tv Can't Post

Any Ideas?
I bought a new Panasonic TV recently and it turns itself off then back on again, I had the first TV replaced, by recomendation of panasonic, now the replacement is doing the same, after a while, it will just turn itself off then back on again. I am running the TV set from a boosted 'normal' anologue ariel, signal strength is excellent, is this a common fault. the model number is TX28dtx11.
regards
StuCrazy

Stuart js
New User

Sep 26, 2005, 9:04 PM

Post #2 of 4 (3104 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Stuart js] Panasonic digital tv [In reply to] Can't Post

Update - Problem sorted,
I bought a Sony DVD recorder at the same time and three TV's later found out that Smartlink and Qlink are not compatable!!! the DVD recorder was telling the Tv to swithch off!!
Quick fix - for now - put the scart lead (TV end) into the s-video socket instead of how shown in the sony booklet. when using it with a Sony DVD recorder.

hope this helps someone.
regards
Stu

mikehibbert
New User

Sep 27, 2005, 10:35 AM

Post #3 of 4 (3097 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Stuart js] Panasonic digital tv [In reply to] Can't Post

I have the same problem. I am now on my second TX28dtx11 and it has the same problem, it drops into standby and then back on again about once an hour. Looking on the internet it seems to be a common problem. I suggest getting your money back and buying a different telly. From what I've read it is a hardware problem on one of the circuit boards.

SimonW
New User

Oct 5, 2005, 6:57 AM

Post #4 of 4 (3069 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mikehibbert] Panasonic digital tv [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi, I also have a Panasonic TX-28DTX11 hooked up via SCART to a Sony RDR-HX510 DVD / HDD Recorder. My TV (I'm on my second one) also switches itself into stand-by, and then back on again at intermittent intervals. So, is it a problem with the TV? Or the Sony DVD / HDD?

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)