Source for Sharp LCD series TV's

dwsmith01
New User

Jan 11, 2006, 5:12 PM

Post #1 of 7 (4464 views)
Shortcut
Source for Sharp LCD series TV's Can't Post

Hi,

I'm new to this forum, andhope to learn a lot from it. Anyway, I have a Sharp LC-20SH1U that has a broken LCD panel. The TV still works as far as audio and video drive, but the panel is damaged and needs replacing. I have a lot of experience repairing consumer electronic equipment, so this repair shouldn't be and issue, however I have been unable to locate the replacement panel.

I tried Sharp US, but because the TV is built in Japan, there appears to be no local source for the replacement panel.

Anyone have any suggestions.

Thanks,

Dave

denonjapan
Veteran

Jan 27, 2006, 3:25 AM

Post #2 of 7 (4444 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dwsmith01] Source for Sharp LCD series TV's [In reply to] Can't Post

quote: "I tried Sharp US, but because the TV is built in Japan, there appears to be no local source for the replacement panel".

dave! don't tell me that sharp corporation in the U.S. quoted you that?....that's ridiculous!Sly call worldparts or Partstore.com

denonjapan

made in japan

Larry E
User

Aug 26, 2006, 7:36 PM

Post #3 of 7 (4337 views)
Shortcut

You can order that panel for just under $1000.00 plus S&H at any major parts distributor that sells Sharp parts, Larry E

dwsmith01
New User

Aug 27, 2006, 7:54 PM

Post #4 of 7 (4333 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Larry E] Source for Sharp LCD series TV's [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm sorry but that can't be right! There is no way a replacement LCD display is $1000.00 That's twice the price of the TV when new!

techchris
Veteran

Aug 27, 2006, 8:23 PM

Post #5 of 7 (4332 views)
Shortcut

In the UK these panels are not available in many cases because they cost more than the set cost to buy. Dump it and buy a new tv

Larry E
User

Aug 28, 2006, 2:56 PM

Post #6 of 7 (4331 views)
Shortcut

DW, I went to the trouble to look this up for you and your calling me a liar????? This is the LAST post you will see from me. Go to www.wehaveparts.com fill in your model number without the "-" and you will see that your part number is 9HSLCD100SH001 and your price is $981.07, add S&H and your dam close to $1000.00. I`ve said it before and I`ll say it again, TV Techs don`t price the parts and we don`t make them, we just fix the dam things, go bitch at Sharp

techchris
Veteran

Aug 28, 2006, 4:55 PM

Post #7 of 7 (4328 views)
Shortcut

you only get good advice on this forum so dont diss it

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)