Search for digital channels

//nocomment
New User

Aug 16, 2007, 4:58 PM

Post #1 of 3 (2501 views)
Shortcut
Search for digital channels Can't Post

Hi everyone,
I recently bought an Olevia lcd hdtv. When i was setting it up and searching for channels, the search revealed a hundred or so digital channels, but we can only actually see two of them. The tv is equipped to received digital broadcasts, so I don't know why we can't seem to access the rest of the digital channels. Any suggestions?

denonjapan
Veteran

Aug 30, 2007, 4:10 AM

Post #2 of 3 (2479 views)
Shortcut
Re: [//nocomment] Search for digital channels [In reply to] Can't Post

What source type of signal. thru cable or roof top antenna? Either one of these:antenna focusing and location, weak signals.

if none of those works, my suggestion is: return the tv.

denonjapan
made in japan

ice_978
New User

Sep 9, 2008, 7:27 PM

Post #3 of 3 (2208 views)
Shortcut
Re: [//nocomment] Search for digital channels [In reply to] Can't Post

Your TV may see the channels however if your a cable subscriber those channels may be encrypted and your level of service does not authorize you to view them. You may need either a cable card or cable converter both supplied by your cable provider for a fee, and levels of service upgrade.

Most companies do allow the local network digitals to be picked up unencrypted but cable companies are getting tighter on there security to prevent unauthorized viewing. Just because you have a digital tuner does not mean you can tune in anything.

However if you are just using an antenna then it is most likely a signal issue…unlike analog signals digital either works or doesn’t no such things a snowy picture.

Good luck..

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)