Splitters vs Weak Signal

Autum08
New User

Aug 23, 2009, 4:43 AM

Post #1 of 4 (1985 views)
Shortcut
Splitters vs Weak Signal Can't Post

Hi:
There are 9 cable boxes in my household, four TVs and four VCRs and including Internet, The tech recommend 'additional 3 custom outlets' instead of using many splitters that causing 'weak signal.' Currently, there is ONLY one main outlet that coming from telephone pole nearby.
According the tech, each TV sets need one independent Outlet that makes 'signal' strong and picture crips ultimately. At present, the pictures on the TVs are too distorted, thus not able to enjoy watching any of TVs in my household.
Any imputs on this would be truly appreciated.

techchris
Veteran

Aug 23, 2009, 7:58 AM

Post #2 of 4 (1982 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Autum08] Splitters vs Weak Signal [In reply to] Can't Post

if you split the aerial cable you cut the signal level in half, so you need a mains powered distribution box to successfully feed all those tv's

Autum08
New User

Aug 23, 2009, 11:48 AM

Post #3 of 4 (1981 views)
Shortcut
Re: [techchris] Splitters vs Weak Signal [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
if you split the aerial cable you cut the signal level in half, so you need a mains powered distribution box to successfully feed all those tv's

Thanks for the response. I truly appreciate it.
Your recommendation is VERY understandable, as seeing those wires and splitters littering around back of all of those TVs and VCRs.
Tommorow, the cable guy/tech comes to my house to do the work. Last Friday, the guy came to my house looking at those splitters and seemed analyzing signal-strength, however he told me he's NOT the tech being able to do the work. When having asked, he didn't explain to me any for this work at all. Then, I rushed to the Comcast and re-shceduled on Monday, tomorrow afternoon when Sun is not intense.
My another, important question to ask is;
How to explain to the Cable Guy regarding the issues we've been facing precisely and accurately to get the things done?
or, simply show your response, above?
Thanks for your knowledgeable help/response?

denonjapan
Veteran

Sep 16, 2009, 3:42 AM

Post #4 of 4 (1959 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Autum08] Splitters vs Weak Signal [In reply to] Can't Post

9 cable boxes for 4 TV's????.SlySlySly...Sorry but this configurations and due to the tech needs to be unemployed. im just wondering how's your internet line doing all these?

denonjapan
made in japan

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)