Free Games TV Forums

Main Index FORUM
HOME
Search Posts SEARCH
IN
Rules & FAQ RULES
F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Digital TV Forum:
What VCR needed to record with digital tv?

iluvtolaff
New User

Oct 3, 2009, 9:00 PM

Post #1 of 4 (2700 views)
Shortcut
What VCR needed to record with digital tv? Can't Post

I have a Sylvania digital tv that is hooked up to an antenna only and gets pretty good reception.

I use to record programs, on my vcr, while watching another program or use a timer recording for programs while away at work. I can't use my vcr anymore as I can't input the odd channel numbers--ie: 28.1, 14.2, etc.

What should I get so I'm able to continue as I have in the past?

Thank you.

jts1957
Veteran

Oct 3, 2009, 11:35 PM

Post #2 of 4 (2696 views)
Shortcut
Re: [iluvtolaff] What VCR needed to record with digital tv? [In reply to] Can't Post

If you want to continue to use your VCR you could get a DTV converter box for it. I'd hook it up using the A/V connections on the two items.
Antenna would go to the DTV box, VCR would STAY on External Input. You could still timer record although you would have to put the DTV box on the station desired and leave it powered "on" (in most instances).Wink

-------------------------

iluvtolaff
New User

Oct 3, 2009, 11:48 PM

Post #3 of 4 (2694 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] What VCR needed to record with digital tv? [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you! I do have a converter box for the tv but don't use it as reception is better without it. I didn't know I would need it for the vcr. Frown

jts1957
Veteran

Oct 4, 2009, 5:19 AM

Post #4 of 4 (2692 views)
Shortcut
Re: [iluvtolaff] What VCR needed to record with digital tv? [In reply to] Can't Post

DTV box would take the place of the VCR's ANALOG tuner.Cool
Reception probably won't be any better via VCR.Frown

I can't use my vcr anymore as I can't input the odd channel numbers--ie: 28.1, 14.2, etc.

-------------------------

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)