Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Digital TV Forum:
analog vs digital.......Not A Happy Subject

afterburner1
New User

Feb 19, 2008, 12:22 AM

Post #1 of 2 (2682 views)
Shortcut
analog vs digital.......Not A Happy Subject Can't Post

The new Analog to Digital format per FCC in Feb 2009 is just an annoyance! I cannot understand why they didn't impose simulcast of both signals. Handing out $40-$80 in vouchers is just another way for congress to get votes. The more they give the more the people love them! Except if you are the giver in taxes!
Ok, the question:
All four of my televisions are connected RF wise in parallel. On analog, over-the-air, I can select a different station individual on each set. When I engage Dish Network I get the same channel on each set. All this is normal.
With the Dish receiver I can change channels by UHF remote. This means I can be looking at any tv in any room and "broadcast" a signal to the Dish receiver. and change the channel
I would like to buy a digital converter that would function the same as the Dish receiver, in that I could "broadcast" a signal to the converter and change channels. Or set up something that would meet this objective.
I would appreciate hearing about any equipment you might be familiar with that performs the above function. Buying over-the-air from Dish is not an option

denonjapan
Veteran

Mar 4, 2008, 7:07 AM

Post #2 of 2 (2604 views)
Shortcut
Re: [afterburner1] analog vs digital.......Not A Happy Subject [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes indeed, the analog signal will be taken by goverment for traffic purposes. Simulcasting both signals is a waste against where it's needed, needless congress to get votes. it's a done deal!

denonjapan
made in japan

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)